New Jersey
Options

The Glam Fairy

I had my first make up trial today, and I am not happy with it.  She did a nice job, but after two hours my face was shiny.  So, I don't want to be wasting my money and time  (I traveled to NYC), I have been checking the glam fairy and I would like to try her out but she is really expensive!  Those of you who have used her, is she worthy, were you happy with your make-up? Did it last all night long?  thanks!

Re: The Glam Fairy

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I booked my make up with the Glam Fairy and my experience was terrible. None of my bridesmaids liked her. She had another bridal party to go to after mine and I could see the rushing of our faces. I paid a lot more for my makeup and was done in 20 minutes. If you tell her you think you need something else she will tell you no you dont. My mother looked older than she usually does the way the fairy did her and my mom had to fix her whole face. TRust me it is nottt worth the moneyyy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I originally booked her after my trial as she was so high in demand (i panicked)... and while i thought my makeup was overdone, i figured it was my wedding day and when else would i get done up so much?! Well, after months of stressing over it, i decided i really wasn't happy (she kept saying i "had to" have fake eyelashes... they looked awful on me)... i went elsewhere. I lost my deposit, but i don't regret my decision at all.

I've seen her do beautiful work. But she is really expensive... and wasn't for me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I booked Jeanine Mangan, who works or has worked for several TV networks. (You'd figure that she knows how to make people look good on camera -- and I was right.) She was really professional and helpful before the wedding and on the day of, and her prices are quite reasonable, too. My makeup stayed on all night, even after hours of sweating on the dance floor.

And ugh, the Glam Fairy. She was one of the 20 makeup artists I looked into before booking my wedding. What turned me off was her prices: way, way too high. Also, she charges even more for "mature" faces of brides and others 35 and over. That's one sure-fire way of making someone over 35 feel like total crap. Great marketing idea! Hey, unless they look like Magda from the movie Something About Mary, it shouldn't take that much longer to do a "mature" face than it does a younger one.

Also, her look was way too made up for me. On my wedding day, I wanted to look like myself -- not like a cast member from "Jersey Shore."
  • Options
    kelleynchriskelleynchris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a mini trial done by them at a bridal show and at the end of it I looked like a hooker!
    I just booked with Jeanine Mangan and I am very happy with her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not at the stage of looking for makeup yet, but i have seen photos of The Glam Fairy's work, and yes....i've watched Jerseylicious.     1.  I think she charges an obscene amount of money, probably a result of some delusion that her 15min of Oxygen Network fame have made her a celeb.  And 2. every pic I've seen of her work, and every face I've seen her do on the show turns out the Same.  Exact.  Face.    same makeup, same pallet, same cake faced prostitute with 2 black eyes.    Unless you want to look like you owe your pimp money on your wedding day,  pass on the fairy.   The girls here give excellent advice.   Check out Gina Brozon, too. 
  • Options
    cknud112cknud112 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used her for my wedding and had a good experience with her, but I booked her 2 years ago.  If she's too expensive for you, keep searching.  The girls on here can recommend other artists if you tell us your price range.

ETA:  I'm confused... I just looked at the date of the OP.  WTF?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards