August 2012 Weddings

First fitting

I have my first dress fitting tomorrow!!! 

My mother really wanted to go early because she has lost 30 lbs and is afraid her dress won't be able to be altered - but she looks amazing, so who cares if she has to buy a new dress! :)

I haven't lost any weight, but hey this is me.  He loves me for me, so the guests can just deal :)

any advice on what to bring?
besides dress, shoes, bra?

221 Invited image
185 Ready to Rock! image
36 Party Poopers image
0 Can't find the mailbox image

Re: First fitting

• Congrats to your mom! I'd also bring your veil/hair accessories and jewelry. And don't forget your camera!! Naturally, if you want to share those photos with us.... have fun!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • libby2483libby2483 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Congrats on your first fitting.  I haven't lost the weight I was hoping to either, but I'm not overweight at all and FI loves the curves that I have. You will look beautiful on your wedding day!
  • don't worry about the weight. as long as you're comfortable and happy the clothes can be altered.  guests won't care. they'll just say you look amazing!

FWIW my bridal shower dress got SOOOOO MANY 'you look so skinny' 'you look great' comments.  i've been the same weight and size since highschool so its more proof that the clothes can give you a certain appearance without YOU actually changing =)

like PP said, bring your veil and accessories.  I used my fitting as a 'look trial' to make sure my veil placement would look good with the hairstyle i was considering (i did it quickly myself), i tried on a couple different jewelry pieces too.  it definitely made me feel good to know i had the accessories taken care of =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards