Florida-West Coast
Options

Off season???

Hello,

I am beginning to plan my wedding and I'm in NJ but would like to have reception/ceremony in Florida.  My fiance's parents are in Sarasota, so I was thinking the St. Pete area..... My question is, what, exactly is the off peak time?  I haven't picked a date b/c I think it will come down to $.  If a place offers less b/c its off peak, I'll take it! 

Any good venue suggestions?  I'm not sure how much I should be budgeting for, for approx. 100 people..... I could 12-15k, but would like the reception outside too.....

thanks! 

Re: Off season???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having mine in November(very beg.) and that is the end of off season.

Usually summer months are peak for weddings, but the out of towners come during winter months. They usually leave right around this time(about after easter) and show up around Oct./Nov.

I would try and make it during the Spring or Fall months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking for outdoor ceremony/reception, I would say peak is Spring/Fall b/c the weather is more predictable (less rain, less humidity, etc.).  We booked early June and we're crossing our fingers on the rain. April on average is the best month for no rain and fair temps. We were trying for a reception outside but June would be pushing it with the heat and humidity so we're just doing the ceremony outside. Are you thinking beach ceremony/reception, somewhere on the water, garden, etc? That will help narrow down your search. Is your 12-15k budget for only the ceremony/reception venue incl. food & bev?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I  live in Chicago and am having mine in St Pete Beach in FEB at the TRADEWINDS. Why? Because there is NO food and bevg minimum to have it there in FEB. It's definitely, definitely the off-season the beginning of that month.

Also, we're having it Sunday -- and they took 10% off the food and beverage total.

Just remember that it snowed a TON in Feb (and in Nov, as others have suggested) in NJ, so your fam might not be able to get out -- and you want them to be able to get out of the airport and to your wedding!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    teachermegsteachermegs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't want to get married outside during the summer here. It is hot, humid and it rains. March and April are nice months, but also high season. You might want to look at the Sandbar on Anna Maria Island. We just got married there and it was gorgeous!
  • Options
    jc04100657jc04100657 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are having our wedding at Rusty Pelican and I was told June-September and December were the cheapest months to get married so we picked the last weekend in September, September 25th  :)

Anniversary

September 2011 Siggy Challenge- Favorite Ceremony Photo
    Photobucket
  • Options
    loyolarobloyolarob member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I was hoping to pay between 10-15k$ for about 100 people that included venue, food, and drink......  I would like a beach ceremony and an outdoor reception that could either be on the beach, garden, poolside, anything outside!!! 

Is my budget reasonable?  I have no idea..... I feel like I keep getting quoted for like 150$ a person! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had that same feeling with the $150/person which was way out of our budget, especially after you tack on tax and gratuity. You have plenty of options at that budget for 100ppl. Some of the venues that I found to be more reasonable are the Tradewinds, Sirata, Sheraton Sand Key, Tampa Bay Watch or Post Card Inn. I've either been to weddings or stayed at all these locations and they are all great options.
  • Options
    CJTeacupCJTeacup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Summer months are too hot and humid starting in May. I would say March, April, September, October, November are the busiest.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tradewinds averages about $70 pp. Go with chicken and spend less. Do Sunday and get 10% off. Then tack on 7% sales tax and the typical 22% service fee. You'll be around $90 pp total, including alcohol.:)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey!  I thought I would comment, since I am a relatively similiar position.  I am currently planning our wedding from Indiana but I am from Tampa and my fiance is from Sarasota.  I am also on a somewhat limited budget, and couldn't imagine paying $150/person, plus service fees, venue rental fees, and taxes.  I came across the Postcard Inn on St. Pete Beach, and immediately fell in love with the venue by only seeing pictures!  I contacted them, and my smile got even better.  I inquired about the off-season prices too, which are Jan-Feb & July-August, which you get 50% off the ceremony fee, and a reduced food & beverage minimum.  There is NO venue rental fee for ceremony or reception, which is exactly what I was looking for.  And their food prices are pretty decent, for open bar & full-loaded buffet with table side carvings you are looking at $115/person, plus service charges & taxes.  But we opted to do a consumption bar, because many of our guests don't drink or drink very little.  For our wedding of 60-70 guests, I am estimating about $6,000!!!  Also, I will add this includes set-up/tear down of both ceremony & reception, includes cocktail hour too.  Black/white linens, and Chiavari chairs!!!  Amazing.....I can't wait for our wedding February 25th, 2012!
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would definetley say end of May- Early September. Each venue varies but in the summer it's 90 degrees outside and humid , its also warm in other places so their is less need to flock to FL.
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    July and August are the least expensive months.  We were married in July and just about everything, from food prices to honeymoon hotel, was 50% off from the "in season" prices.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards