Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Men's Engagement Ring

Did anyone else get a ring for thier FI. When I mention that I did I get some questioning reactions. Has anyone else dealt with this???

Re: Men's Engagement Ring

• Options
    Yup, FI wanted a ring/e-type-ring so I got him one.  :P  He likes wearing rings though and he wanted to see how hard he would be on one before I bought him his wedding band (much more money) 
  • Options
    We want him to have something to symbolize our engagement, but he doesn't want to wear a ring until he's married.

We decided that we both want to propose - he's going to propose first, but after that at some point I will ask him to spend the rest of his life with me.  To symbolize this, I'm going to buy him a very nice watch.  The idea being that his watch can be worn daily and serve to remind him of me asking him to marry me, just as my engagement ring will remind me.  Also, the watch can serve as an heirloom to pass on to future generations, just as we would like to someday pass on my ring.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I baught my FI an nice camera as an engagement present.  I wanted to get him a nice watch but he wanted the camera.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    hmm, my FI asked when he was getting his ring too and i said that he doesn't get one until we're married.  he asked me how people would know that his is engaged lol!  now that i see these posts though, i may get him one Laughing
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    i mentioned the idea of getting him an engagement ring too...he looked at me like I had a second head. : P We'll see if he changes his mind - but for now he's 100% against it. 

I say talk to him and see what he thinks..it's the best way to find out what he wants.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic 195image 155image 40image
  • Options
    Yes!  Both me and my FI have engagement rings.  I actually got his first before we picked out mine!  Laughing
    October 2011 Siggy Challenge - Wedding PreviewimageWedding Countdown Ticker

Planning Bio
  • Options
    ki10ki10 member
    First Comment
    Yes. As you can tell from others' reactions making you doubt yourself, people like to do what's done. If you look at detractors as though they themselves are crazy, they'll suspect you might be right. Just be confident in the decision you two made and they'll feel pressured to believe in it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards