Maine

Sugguestions Needed!!!

Hey Ladies,
Thursday I asked my stepfather to walk me down the aisle along with my dad. My stepfather has been around since I was 8 so he was a big part of raising me. I have a huge family fued between my brother, Mother and Stepfather, and Dad and Stepmother. When I asked my stepdad to walk me down the aisle he was not impressed and he said "I really don't know about that". Then he said he would have to think about it. I was very hurt about this any have always wanted both my father and stepfather to walk me down the aisle. My dad did say that he wouldn't really be comfortable with it, but if that's what I wanted he would do what ever I wanted him to do.

What do you think I should do? Should I just forget about it and have my dad just walk me down the aisle??

Thanks Ladies, this is very upsetting to me....how can a dad tell hs daughter that??

Re: Sugguestions Needed!!!

• hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is it possible that you completely caught him off guard and he was really not expecting you to ask him that?  Regardless of the amount of time he has been in your life, maybe he always imagined just your dad walking you down the aisle, so he wasn't sure how to react.  Or maybe he is afraid of creating a bigger feud if your dad isn't okay with it. 

Honestly, I have no experience with step-dads (or biological ones for that matter - my mom raised me and is walking me down the aisle), but I would try to make sure that both dads know exactly how you feel and why it is very important to you that they both walk you down the aisle.  Write them a letter or sit down to talk privately, and let them know how you feel. 

Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • amshaw1amshaw1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep I was going to say the same thing - I wonder if he was just thinking he didn't want  to steal your Dad's thunder and make him upset and so was bowing out of the race.....

Maybe if you explained further how much it would mean and then gave him some time to think it over he may change his mind?
  • edited December 2011
    I think hcorrigan gave great advice.  I don't have any "step's" so I don't have much else to add, other than I'm sure it must have hurt a lot for him to say no.  Give it a little time and then discuss it with him again and see how he feels.  Were you planning on two dances too?  
    Married 9.4.11
  • Redsx15FanRedsx15Fan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies!

Apparently this was all a joke! Sick joke if you ask me. :-) I had called him to talk to my mom and see if he said anything to her, and he told her it was a joke. I don't think it's funny! Wait until I see him.

Thank you all for your advise!
    Chrispygal, I am only doing 1 father dauther dance with my dad.

You girls are the best!
    Have a great Sunday
  • edited December 2011
    I'm glad it all worked out, but I agree - not a funny joke!  lol
    Married 9.4.11
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like you need to come up with a great practical joke to get him back!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Caseyloren22Caseyloren22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to be honest - I have a stepfather, but am very close with my dad. I would personally never ask my stepfather to walk me down the aisle. That is a day for my father to give me away. Althought my stepfather has been around since I was about 6. My stepfather also has a daughter of his own, so maybe in a way I feel he will have an opportunity to. But I will not ask, or even consider asking him to also walk me down the aisle, or do a dance.
  • jena.n.rossjena.n.ross member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had both my dad and my step dad walk me down the aisle for my first marriage.  I had one on each side (obviously).  I don't have any pictures on my computer, but it turned out really nicely, and was a good way for me to "pay homage" both men who were fathers to me.

But I have extremely amicable parents (bio and step).

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Current VistaPrint Groupon - $17 gets you $70(good 'til 11/8)**

**New project in the works: Follow my Twitter for more Groupon (etc) deals!**

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bio ~ A Bride's Guide to VistaPrint * www.vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com

"In my book you're a VistaPrint goddess" --Hannah

Photobucket

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards