Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Renting a dance floor or no?

Our venue at Mill Race Banquet Center is carpeted throughout the room (with no actual hardwood dance area).  We are having a dj - so I am trying to decide on whether I should rent a hardwood dance floor or simply have people dance on carpet.  The coordinator for the venue says that he has seen it done both ways - and it seemed to work fine....but I am torn.  Anyone else facing this?  I am not sure if the cost will outweigh the benefit?

Re: Renting a dance floor or no?

• Options
    allis0nmarieallis0nmarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have the same problem, but I think I would want a dance floor (or at least something to define the dance area if the cost is unjustifiable). 
  • Options
    kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to weddings without a dance floor and it was fine. most people assumed they knew where the dance floor was and it was fine. I know most of my friends and family are huge dancers and most dance floors arent big enough for the group attending so they end up dancing on the carpet anyway!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think most people will figure out that the big blank space in front of the band or DJ is for dancing.  Unless you plan on doing some ballroom dancing, I think the carpet would be fine.  Personally, I would skip buying a dance floor and spend that money on something people will get enjoyment out of (like more champagne!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister's reception did not have a dance floor. We knew that the big open space in front of the DJ where there were no tables was for dancing. Honestly, the dancing on carpet worked out fine. it was even better when we wanted to take off our shoes because the carpet was better to dance on in that situation. Haha. So I say definitely skip paying for it, carpet will be great!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    MattsPenguinMattsPenguin member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our reception will be at Paul Brown and they don't have a dance floor, just carpet.  They block it off with cocktail tables and it works out.  They said that no one uses a dance floor.  Save the expense.
  • Options
    hunleyweddinghunleywedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I was starting to lean towards getting a dance floor - but could definitely use the money elsewhere.  You have convinced me to go without:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Late, but SIL had her reception there and didn't have a dance floor.  They just used an empty space at the left of the room.  I had to ask DH, because I remember dancing, but I don't remember a floor. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards