September 2013 Weddings

Bridal shop booked- Suggestions??

I FINALLY booked an appointment at a bridal shop for this Sunday. I wasnt sure which one to pick so I chose one that has a dress I fell in love with via pictures, that just happens to be probably too expensive but a girl can dream right ;)
Im taking my mother, FMIL, MOH, 2 BM's and a close friend whose getting married 1 week after me.

My question is; what should I take? How should I dress? I should probably wear a strapless bra... any other things you guys can add or something you wish you'd done???
Ive seen a couple other girls post that they are going soon and hopefully your suggestions can help them too..
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers March Siggy: Wedding Hair Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Bridal shop booked- Suggestions??

• I took:
    -bottled water (because it is a workout)
    -digital camera (camera phones mostly have crappy resolution)
    -mp3 on my phone of the song I want to walk down the aisle to
    -hair clip

I didn't:
    -wear make up (most bridal shops make you take it off if its too much)
    -wear any special undergarments they provide them for you

As for what I wore, I had a pair of jeans and a t shirt oh a nd flip flops because you are just going in to get naked LOL. I had a great experience. I hope you find your dress.
    The Future Mrs. Burleson Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I honestly didn't bring anything. I'd agree that you should have a real camera, the pics on my phone didn't come out that well. I did wear makeup and they didn't mind, but they had me try on the dresses bra-less (maybe because I don't have anything that really needs to be held up). But above all have fun!
  • I too myself and a close friend... Water, water, water.... I wore light makeup and did my hair a little so I felt good about myself the first time I went without, and I just didnt feel good I like the idea of the music because you'll know it's "the one" when you can picture yourself marrying FI. Don't bring too many people, because it can get overwhelming... A good bridal shop is a must.... Also a list of styles you like to make browsing easier... A good bra and undergarments if you will wear them day of.. Good luck and take pictures :
  • edited March 2013
    I went into the salon alone and my consultant was awesome.  I had an idea of what I wanted and she pulled them, and one she thought I would really like.  She was right; I'm getting married in her choice!  Went back with my mom, younger sister, and BM, rocking a ponytail, glasses and no makeup.  For undergarments, I went with a strapless bra and boyshorts - I'm having cups sewn in so I'll only need the boyshorts.  My cell takes amazing pics so we used that.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I took my sister and that's it. Some bridal shops won't let you take pictures or tell you who the designer is (they remove the tags). I would never buy for a salon like that!
  • I brought heels that were about the size of what I wanted for the wedding so I could see how long the hem needed to be. Good luck! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just went this past weekend. Davids Bridal let me wear a longline bra and a slip from their store. I just made sure to wear full coverage nude panties so you couldn't see through the dress. You really don't need to take anything. My mom and friend took pictures on their cellphones. They even let me wear headpieces and shoes. I had a lovely time.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I honestly was so worried about what to take, but in the end it didn't matter one bit. I just wore a strapless bra, full coverage panties, my normal every-day make up, and a hair tie. I started with my hair down lightly curled but once I put on my dress, I wanted to see my hair up and with the veil so having a hair tie was pretty helpful. Don't stress at all. Don't forget pictures of dresses you like :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards