New York-Hudson Valley

Limo alternative rec's???

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get to the wedding from the hotel? I am trying to figure out a cheaper way. Still a nice car...I cant just call a cab...my dress might get dirty with whatever may be on the seats or floor. I'm pretty sure it will just be a drop off. If we rented one of the classic cars from the limo co's we thought maybe to have them drop me off and then just wait till after the ceremony to take some pics with FI and I. I just feel like its a waste if FI and I will leave in his car.
Part of That World Blog
my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Limo alternative rec's???

• edited December 2011
    Just a tip - some companies "basic" white limo, might actually be cheaper than one of their "classic/ antique" cars.  So be sure to shop around and get all prices of what you might be interested in. Good luck!
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you don't care about the pictures with the car and just getting from one spot to another, try an airport service or another car rental that has Town Cars.  They might be able to work you a deal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Yea I was thinking of a town car. Do you think they are clean on the inside..like I dont wanna get in and cuz someone else was in there and dirtied it my gown is messed up.
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    if you go with a reputable company they usually make sure that they are clean before the next customer gets in. also since they will obviously know it's for a wedding they usually will make sure it's clean. 
  • edited December 2011
    Ok thanks. I will start calling some places. Are they any you know of in Rockland since that is where I will be?
    Part of That World Blog
  • edited December 2011
    I think a Town Car is your best bet.  Silverstar is in Yonkers,  and they do not charge a travel fee to Rockland.  They get high recs on the boards, so you should be safe with them.  I need a car service to bring my mother from Yonkers to Nanuet and they offered a Town Car for $100.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_limo-alternative-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:c12470d6-39e3-480f-9f28-d7ac8267ff48Post:b1fa64e8-2bf8-47a7-a2c0-da1936c17ae7">Re: Limo alternative rec's???</a>:
    [QUOTE]if you go with a reputable company they usually make sure that they are clean before the next customer gets in. also since they will obviously know it's for a wedding they usually will make sure it's clean. 
    Posted by psichick[/QUOTE]

I totally agree.  Part of their service is to make sure the cars are clean.  I travel alot for work and have never found the cleanliness to be a problem.

I live in Dutchess so can't help you out with Rockland but good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards