Second Weddings
Options

October weddings...

We have several weddings on the horizon.  Based on responses to my "What's your wedding date? And more ..." post a few weeks ago, going down the aisle next are:
tricia619October 9, 2010
melissamc2October 10, 2010
Erin McCormackOctober 16, 2010
embracejoyOctober 20, 2010
Congratulations, ladies!  Have a fabulous time.  Oh yeah, don't forget to breathe and relax.  Cheers!!

Re: October weddings...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Stay calm ladies!   
  • Options
    embracejoyembracejoy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!  I can't believe tomorrow is October.. it's almost here!
    we got it right the second time around! ten.twenty.twenty-ten. Anniversary
  • Options
    BrooklclarkBrooklclark member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh oh mine is OCT 31 10.. good luck to all the other ladies
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_congratulations-october-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:5be5d55e-1f5b-4592-b514-7aec8a08b754Post:d6ae531e-0cb1-4111-8720-b931f3528cc5">Re: October weddings...</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh oh mine is OCT 31 10.. good luck to all the other ladies
    Posted by Brooklclark[/QUOTE]

Oooo ... a Halloween wedding.  How fun!!  Congratulations.  :)
  • Options
    Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Good luck to the girls of October!
  • Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations October Brides!!!  Remember to breathe and good luck!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies,

It finally hit me the other night when my cousins husband called to go over the music at the church.  He's playing the bagpipes, I'm so excited and to top it off, it's a surprise for FI.  It's really down to the last few details now!   OMG...:)

Now if I could get my boy's to stop the drama crusade I could possibly have a smoothe two weeks....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Erin, your surprise  for your fi sounds awesome.  Bagpipes in a church will sound awesome.

Hope all is going well for all October brides and it continues to go that way!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130image Invited to dance the night away!
    92image Want to show their best moves!
    38image Have two left feet and won't be dancing!
    0image Are too embarrased to say they don't dance!

• Options
    melissamc2melissamc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all!  I fired our DJ today, but I got a new one.  What's a few more hundred dollars at this point, eh?

Ten days.  Wow.

Good luck to everyone!  We'll be posting our WEDDING photos, soon!
    10-10-10
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    edited December 2011
    You go, girl!  I want to fire my DJ but we haven't even signed a contract yet (subject for another post) ... LOL!

Have fun!!
  • Options
    BrooklclarkBrooklclark member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i woke up this morning at 0400 looked at my phone and it said 1 OCT. i cant believe its October shouldn't it be august still. oh well here it is i cant wait. thank gosh i have every thing done already
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm October 9th...one week from tonight!!!  Wow...the time has just flown by!   I'm starting to feel some strange calm come over me...it's weird.

Intermingled with anxiety and nausea, of course!
  • Options
    LindaN21LindaN21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is October 9th too, Emmiew!!  1 week  I've been feeling the same as you, moments of anxiety followed by moments of calm!!  I think I just want the day to be here :)   Good luck!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm october 16th, and im not sure i really am a bona-fide member of this board (since its my first wedding, FIs 2nd). but i lurk around here, and i spend a lot of time on the Oct 10 board with melissa and the other lovely ladies you mentioned!

its amazing how time flies. i remember when i was more than 18 months away....

congratulations to everyone!
    http://www.mywedding.com/lynnieandandy
    october '10 siggy: Early Pic of me and FI (not the first.....)
    imageVisit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_congratulations-october-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:5be5d55e-1f5b-4592-b514-7aec8a08b754Post:3238c9fb-c575-4011-94f7-59b43884a190">Re: October weddings...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm October 9th...one week from tonight!!!  Wow...the time has just flown by!   I'm starting to feel some strange calm come over me...it's weird. Intermingled with anxiety and nausea, of course!
    Posted by Emmiew[/QUOTE]

Congratulations, Emmiew.  Calm, anxious and nauseous.  Wow!  I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.  I look forward to having less than a week to go.  *sigh*  I'm tired of waiting.

Enjoy!
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_congratulations-october-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:5be5d55e-1f5b-4592-b514-7aec8a08b754Post:b40ec49b-e714-41c4-8349-253d65cf3267">Re: October weddings...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mine is October 9th too, Emmiew!!  1 week  I've been feeling the same as you, moments of anxiety followed by moments of calm!!  I think I just want the day to be here :)   Good luck!!
    Posted by LindaN21[/QUOTE]

Wow!  Another Oct 9th wedding.  How fun!  I am very excited for you ladies.  I'm sure you'll have a blast.  Congratulations, Linda!
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_congratulations-october-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:5be5d55e-1f5b-4592-b514-7aec8a08b754Post:a9b52584-110f-47ca-9908-956251f6a721">Re: October weddings...</a>:
    [QUOTE]i'm october 16th, and im not sure i really am a bona-fide member of this board (since its my first wedding, FIs 2nd). but i lurk around here, and i spend a lot of time on the Oct 10 board with melissa and the other lovely ladies you mentioned! its amazing how time flies. i remember when i was more than 18 months away.... congratulations to everyone!
    Posted by lynniearudner[/QUOTE]

Welcome, welcome!  Of course you're a bona fide member ... come one, come all.  Does it feel like time flies now that you're so close to the date?  Or has it felt that way for a while?  Sometimes I wake up feeling, "This long engagement sucks!!"  Ha!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, lynnie!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm caught between wanted it to be 7 months ago, and wanting it to be over already....the anticipation is killing me!!!!  But I'm desperately trying to just "stay in the moment.." but it isn't easy....!!!!!
  • Options
    LindaN21LindaN21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Lisa!!  Anticipation is really hard!!  I'm trying to stay in the moment too!  We have to give our final count tomorrow and meet with our venue so I'm excited that we are one step closer!!  I'm working on the favors, I definitely need to keep busy!!
    We decided to do favors at the last minute but we only have 52 people so that's fine!  We are doing shot glasses filled with fall colored M&M's and I'm wrapping them in tulle and tying bows-I also wrote our names and date on the glass with paint pens!!! Hope they like them!!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    kmcconnell105kmcconnell105 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is on Monday October 18, we leave from Detroit to Gatlinburg TN on Oct 15th. Thank God for me sister, she is driving down and back my three teenage sons lol. We are planning on making a family vacation out of it. We rented a huge cabin for my family, Im so excited.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks so much for including me, Lisa. 

for us, the long engagement was necessary -- I live in Utah, FI lives in NY, and planning during Med School has been a little slow. So im glad that we did this. 

But yes, it DID get a little long. I actually wish we had done it last weekend. I think that would have been perfect. As it is, it might snow! Oh well!
    http://www.mywedding.com/lynnieandandy
    october '10 siggy: Early Pic of me and FI (not the first.....)
    imageVisit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats to all of the October Brides!!! Even first timers (lynnie :)
    Enjoy your month, it does fly by.

and Melissa, I spent $300 at the 11th hour on specialty linens and I am sooooo glad I did it. If you need to make a change at the end of the planning to make yourself happy then I say do it if you can.

Keep us posted on your plans.

Erin your surprise of bagpipes sounds awesome! And Linda your favors sound really great.

I'm really excited for all of you!!!

Enjoy some quiet quality time to enjoy the heightened love between you and your FI if you can, it is so special at this time.
  • Options
    tricia619tricia619 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies for all the great advice, I am just days away from celebrating our marriage. We ended up getting married on September 27th at the courthouse due to a family member needing a serious operation, however we are still holding our reception on October 9th to celebrate, should be lots of fun, we are expecting close to 50 people. Thanks again, and congrats to all the October 9th weddings!
    Trish and Adam 10-09-10 Wedding Countdown Ticker image 78 Invited so far!
    image 66 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 1 What are you doing already!
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_congratulations-october-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:5be5d55e-1f5b-4592-b514-7aec8a08b754Post:fb048b63-6d14-4c5c-b3db-4c9ef57d59ab">Re: October weddings...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mine is on Monday October 18, we leave from Detroit to Gatlinburg TN on Oct 15th. Thank God for me sister, she is driving down and back my three teenage sons lol. We are planning on making a family vacation out of it. We rented a huge cabin for my family, Im so excited.
    Posted by kmcconnell105[/QUOTE]

Wow!  That sounds like fun (family vacation) ... not so sure about the ride, though.  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  LOL!  I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.  Congratulations!!  Enjoy.
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_congratulations-october-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:5be5d55e-1f5b-4592-b514-7aec8a08b754Post:39cbb055-1633-4c4e-a9e9-0ac44bbe24de">Re: October weddings...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you ladies for all the great advice, I am just days away from celebrating our marriage. We ended up getting married on September 27th at the courthouse due to a family member needing a serious operation, however we are still holding our reception on October 9th to celebrate, should be lots of fun, we are expecting close to 50 people. Thanks again, and congrats to all the October 9th weddings!
    Posted by tricia619[/QUOTE]

<font color="#0000ff"><strong>Congratulations</strong> on the early wedding.  I hope your family member is recovering well.  I'm very happy you will be able to have your reception as planned. It sounds like it will be fun.  Have a <u>great</u> time.  Enjoy!</font>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards