Pennsylvania

Need Major Help

so we decided to throw our wedding in the poconos. I wanted to inquire about licensing and stuff. We are both from NY and I was wondering if we can apply for a license here or we have to get it there. Also looking for venues, either a private house with a big yard, hall, etc that is not too pricey. We are planning this for the 27th of April. for around 50 people so it will be a small celebration. Looking for places, ideas etc. 

Re: Need Major Help

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-northeastern_need-major-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:624Discussion:911f8090-f8b6-4f99-9eef-a8538a9dbe24Post:cb479323-e0fe-43aa-9030-b366cd4355d3">Need Major Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]so we decided to throw our wedding in the poconos. I wanted to inquire about licensing and stuff. We are both from NY and I was wondering if we can apply for a license here or we have to get it there. Also looking for venues, either a private house with a big yard, hall, etc that is not too pricey. We are planning this for the 27th of April. for around 50 people so it will be a small celebration. Looking for places, ideas etc. 
    Posted by theinsanityinme[/QUOTE]

Congrats!  You need to apply in the county you will be married. 

Renting a private home is definitely doable considering there are a billion vacation rental in the pocs.  Check out the website vrbo.com.  Also, I know of a vacation rental in Tannersville that is enormous and the owner would probably allow your type of event.  I can PM you her website (if you'd like) and you can take a look and see if its what you had in mind.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-northeastern_need-major-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:624Discussion:911f8090-f8b6-4f99-9eef-a8538a9dbe24Post:cbd9fc3d-7a09-4a6c-a5d9-f194ce706062">Re: Need Major Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Need Major Help : Congrats!  <strong>You need to apply in the county you will be married</strong>.  Renting a private home is definitely doable considering there are a billion vacation rental in the pocs.  Check out the website vrbo.com.  Also, I know of a vacation rental in Tannersville that is enormous and the owner would probably allow your type of event.  I can PM you her website (if you'd like) and you can take a look and see if its what you had in mind.
    Posted by LiLe422[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>That's not true.  I applied in Bucks County and got married in Monroe County.  Bucks county was almost half an hour closer for us and they had late hours once or twice a month.</div>
    photo a30c432e-0cf0-41d0-b1f3-bf4836bea2fc_zps89190598.jpg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-northeastern_need-major-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:624Discussion:911f8090-f8b6-4f99-9eef-a8538a9dbe24Post:cbd9fc3d-7a09-4a6c-a5d9-f194ce706062">Re: Need Major Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Need Major Help : Congrats!  <strong>You need to apply in the county you will be married</strong>.  Renting a private home is definitely doable considering there are a billion vacation rental in the pocs.  Check out the website vrbo.com.  Also, I know of a vacation rental in Tannersville that is enormous and the owner would probably allow your type of event.  I can PM you her website (if you'd like) and you can take a look and see if its what you had in mind.

<div>
    </div><div>That's not true.  I applied in Bucks County and got married in Monroe County.  Bucks county was almost half an hour closer for us and they had late hours once or twice a month.</div>
    photo a30c432e-0cf0-41d0-b1f3-bf4836bea2fc_zps89190598.jpg
    [QUOTE]In Response to Need Major Help : Congrats!  You <strong>need to apply in the county you will be married.</strong>  Renting a private home is definitely doable considering there are a billion vacation rental in the pocs.  Check out the website vrbo.com.  Also, I know of a vacation rental in Tannersville that is enormous and the owner would probably allow your type of event.  I can PM you her website (if you'd like) and you can take a look and see if its what you had in mind.

<div>Agreed that this is not true.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Here's a link: <a href="http://www.northamptoncounty.org/northampton/lib/northampton/depts/courtservices/wills_orphans/marriagepre.pdf" rel="nofollow">clicky</a>.</div><div>
    </div><div>CN version: "You can apply in any county in PA to be married in PA.  You do not need to make application in the county you will be married."</div>
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oops.  You guys are totally right.  Not sure what I was thinking while typing that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Thank you so much for the help. This planning is getting a little too much. Thanks so much for the info.. =]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards