August 2012 Weddings

TP needed....

Fi and I had a really tough talk yesterday. And we have come to the conclusion that we wont have any more kids... he has two, and I have one. And it has been really hard to accept that I wont get to experience that myricle again. We came to this conclusion, because in 2 years he will be turning 40, and he feels that his patience with young childeren is shortening and hates getting so upset with my daughter(she is 1).

It breaks my heart, I have a feeling it will take some time to heal because in the beginning we were hoping for at least one more of our own, but he feels that he wouldn't be able to handle it. He feels horrible for letting me down, but I know over time everything will be ok.

Thanks for reading.
Wedding Countdown Ticker Flowers
image 160 Invited
image 2 are ready to party with there boots on! image 0 have better things to do image158 are trying to find there boots
RSVP Date: July 25th

Re: TP needed....

• Difficult decision.  It's good you two could come to an agreement about what's best for your whole family.
  • This sounds like it was a very difficult decision, so you are definitely in my thoughts and prayers.  While I'm sure this was a tough conversation to have, it is good that you had it before getting married.  
  • This is going to sound harsh, but I think you need to take some time to yourself and *make sure* that this isn't a dealbreaker for you. This is a big life change to the plans you had in your head- make sure that you can picture your future now, without regret. Sending T&P your way.

And remember, there are always grandbabies (:
  • I am glad we had it before too, we had our first premarital counseling yesterday as well, and we really connected. Lisa, I have really thought about it, and I tried putting myself in his shoes. And he has a valid point. But I really can not see myself being with anyone else. I love him to pieces and he loves me to pieces...if anything I may be able to convince him to get another fur baby!!

And at the rate his son is going (16, so he is a walking hormone right now), we may be grand parents sooner than we would like...

Thanks for your prayers ladies!
    image 160 Invited
    image 2 are ready to party with there boots on! image 0 have better things to do image158 are trying to find there boots
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_tp-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:ef539db6-35ec-44e6-8538-fbdd703a3aebPost:95801eba-5386-4752-8053-3303bc4fe463">Re: TP needed....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am glad we had it before too, we had our first premarital counseling yesterday as well, and we really connected. Lisa, I have really thought about it, and I tried putting myself in his shoes. And he has a valid point. But I really can not see myself being with anyone else. I love him to pieces and he loves me to pieces...if anything I may be able to convince him to get another fur baby!! And at the rate his son is going (16, so he is a walking hormone right now), we may be grand parents sooner than we would like... Thanks for your prayers ladies!
    Posted by jjolovich[/QUOTE]

Sending thoughts and prayers you way.  My FH has two teenagers, is 40 years old, and is the one asking for another baby.  I don't have any chidlren of my own, and he says I deserve to be a mother.  I told him I will be a mother....a step mom to his two chidren who do not have a relationship with their birthmother....so we've decided that we will try for some time after the wedding, and if it doesn't happen before our one year ann. we will simply wait for the grandbabies....=D  God has his own plan for us.
  • T&P being sent your way!  FI and I have had the kids discussion too (we are both in our mid 20s but he is nervous to have kids).  He flip flops on his decision, so I figure it will just work out one way or the other!

I agree with PPs that it is good you had this talk before you got married.  I am also happy to see your response that you tried to put yourself in his shoes as that is always something I try to do during hard decisions...

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the kind words ladies, I have been blessed with a beautiful daughter, and God brought Fi into my life and I know that God has a plan for us. :)
    image 160 Invited
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards