Ohio-Columbus

Florist recommendations

I am getting married in August and need recommendations for a florist.  We met with a florist on Saturday and called today with a couple of questions and they said they were already booked for my date, the couple after us booked on the spot.  Glad we only had a few minutes to decide.  I have an appointment on the 23rd but would still like recommendations on florists.  We are only getting flowes for the wedding party and possibly for the alter depending on price.  Any help would be appreciated!

Re: Florist recommendations

• KatiePDXKatiePDX member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    We recently booked EcoFlora for our florist. They are located on high st in Clintonville and practice sustainable and Eco-friendly practices. Eva, the florist there is very easy to talk too and seemed very knowledgeable on flower arrangements and decor. She seems to have a great knack for more unique arrangements, but also seems very skilled to provide more traditional ones as well. Her shop is super laid back and a great space to meet too! For 5 bridesmaid bouquets, 1 bridal bouquet, 7 boutainnaires, 1 flower headband, 1 nose gay of lavender, our quote was $495 (this obviously depends on flower type, etc--we are using mainly local, wildflowers). But I thought was very reasonable. She's been great with communication so far and even powered through a terrible cold so that she could meet face to face with my mom and I the week of christmas! (i live on the west coast and that was the only time I had available). Good luck!
  • dani1361dani1361 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2013
    Were using apple blossom in johnstown. Were getting married in Lancaster, but theyre delivering them for free. We have talked to a few places, and apple blossom was the cheapest by around $250. Which anyway we can save a penny is great!!
  • We used An Occasional Florist in Hilliard.  Her prices were fantastic and my bouquets, centerpieces, bouts, pomander balls and aisle arrangements were sooo pretty.  I think total, we paid $1500 for everything, which was  very reasonable for everything that we got. http://www.anoccasionalflorist.com/AnOccasionalFlorist/Welcome.html
  • Flowers on High in Worthington! Jill did a fabulous job for our wedding last August. She also let's you bring your vases to save $$$
  • Second for An Occasional Florist - will work within your budget

• I actually just signed with MadisonHouse Designs in Marysville.  I found Lynette's bouquets and arrangements absolutely amazing! I met with her, EcoFlora, and Flowerman.  EcoFlora was the most affordable and I did love Eva, but felt that Lynette got my vision right away so I booked with her.  It was only a difference of about $60 so it made sense.  I definitely would recommend either EcoFlora or MadisonHouse for sure - both let you bring your own vases/mason jars to save money and will help with set up!
  • I did the DIY at The Flowerman, and highly recommend it. Their prices are great, and making the flowers was a blast and a big stress reducer the day before my wedding!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have an appointment with Hilliard Florist this Saturday.  I tried to set up a consultation with Flowerman but they did not have any available appointments until March.  Thanks for all of the recommendations, I will certainly look into all of the suggestions if this weekend does not go well. I did not think flowers would be so stressful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards