Favors

jordan almonds

where do you buy these???

my FMIL sudden;y decided that we HAVE to use these and with less than a month to go I have no clue where to find these :(
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: jordan almonds

• tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Any candy shop should have them.  Look for one that is somewhere other than a mall.

btw...I don't know if your FMIL is Greek but, if she is, you put seven almonds in each netting bundle - they represent the seven sacraments of the church.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • edited December 2011
  • anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_jordan-almonds?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:4947a5bb-63a2-4028-82b5-0496ca8f0de8Post:608abf5e-45bf-4b0f-8047-6962d62f82c8">Re: jordan almonds</a>:
    [QUOTE]Any candy shop should have them.  Look for one that is somewhere other than a mall. btw...I don't know if your FMIL is Greek but, if she is, you put seven almonds in each netting bundle - they represent the seven sacraments of the church.
    Posted by tldh[/QUOTE]

It doesn't have to be 7, just an odd number that's indivisible.

The tradition is:

<strong><font size="2" id="role_document" color="#000000">Five sugared almonds for each guest to eat
    To remind us that life is both bitter and sweet.
    Five wishes for the new husband and wife --
    Health, wealth, happiness, children, and a long life!</font></strong>
  • SnufflyfluffySnufflyfluffy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Michaels Craft Store does sell them in their wedding section.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_jordan-almonds?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:4947a5bb-63a2-4028-82b5-0496ca8f0de8Post:30ba3b9b-5498-4ab6-9d23-e97c3b634566">Re: jordan almonds</a>:
    [QUOTE]Michaels Craft Store does sell them in their wedding section.
    Posted by Snufflyfluffy[/QUOTE]

this and if you use a 50% off coupon you can save alot of money
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_jordan-almonds?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:4947a5bb-63a2-4028-82b5-0496ca8f0de8Post:42cbd79d-a6c2-495d-835f-8d394efbeee4">Re: jordan almonds</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: jordan almonds : It doesn't have to be 7, just an odd number that's indivisible. The tradition is: Five sugared almonds for each guest to eat To remind us that life is both bitter and sweet. Five wishes for the new husband and wife -- Health, wealth, happiness, children, and a long life!
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

That's why I said if the FMIL is Greek.  It is a different tradition in the Greek church as I was informed by no less than seven Greek women while planning my own wedding.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_jordan-almonds?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:4947a5bb-63a2-4028-82b5-0496ca8f0de8Post:9edac8b2-c0eb-44f3-99ce-691682b5196a">Re: jordan almonds</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: jordan almonds : That's why I said if the FMIL is Greek.  It is a different tradition in the Greek church as I was informed by no less than seven Greek women while planning my own wedding.
    Posted by tldh[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's your MIL's church then.  All my family's Greek weddings have had 5 and google concurs.
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Actually I was told this by women from three different churches on opposite ends of the country (California and New Jersey) and one of them was the priest's wife.

I've also been to Greek weddings where the bride's Americanized it and did five.  I've been to one where she just had a big bowl of them.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Michaels w/ a coupon!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards