Massachusetts
Options

Wedding Locations in Western, Mass?

Hello everyone!

We're trying to find the perfect place to have our wedding in the Amherst/Hadley area (or surrounding areas). We're looking to have a modest outdoor wedding and would like it to be tied back to the rural, natural landscape. Ideally, we're looking for a pretty field or maybe even a nice barn to have our big happy cookout-style casual wedding.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for something that might fit our criteria? All ideas are helpful!

Thanks!

Polina and Justin

Re: Wedding Locations in Western, Mass?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into the Red Barn at Hampshire College? It sounds like it would suit your needs perfectly (and it's where I'm getting married) it's rural, has a great field for the ceremony, and views of the surrounding hills.
     http://www.hampshire.edu/specialprograms/2807.htm

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried contacting one of the local apple orchards or farms? Most of those kind of places host weddings!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there!  We were also looking for a similar type of venue and we decided to go with Look Park - they have two outdoor ceremony sites, and the Garden House on site for the reception afterwards.  We also looked at the Red Barn - a beautiful venue as well - there's something about getting married under that big tree!  I would definitely recommend checking them both out.

And checking out some local farms or orchards is a great idea! 

Here's a complete list of the places we checked out - some don't fit the description of what you're looking for - but might as well at least check them out online!

Good luck!

Hotel Northampton
    Northampton Center for the Arts
    Eric Carle Museum
    Amherst Women's Club
    Look Park
    Summit House at Mt. Skinner
    Blue Heron Restaurant in Sunderland
    The Log Cabin/The Delaney House
    The Night Kitchen @ Montague Book Mill
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FOr the area you're looking at I highly suggest you check out The Red Barn! It was too small for me to use but I love love love it! It has a great atmosphere. My friend got married there last August and she can't say enough good things about it. Please check it out!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    don't know if anyone will see this since this post originated so long ago, but does anyone know how to find out/get ahold of orchards are farms that host weddings?  i've checked websites but to no avail, and since i live in montana, visiting isn't really an option.  i suppose an old fashioned phone call, but is there some kind of list or site somewhere?  thanks!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic "June 2012" November Siggy: cake inspiration Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    how much do they charge for the red barn  for just the ceremony?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards