Colorado-Denver
Options

Omni Hotel, Broomfield Wedding?

Hey everyone,
I am totally new on this and I just got engaged not even a month ago. Our wedding is next July because we both graduate college this coming semester and really didn't want to lose focus of school considering there is only a couple of months left!!

Our wedding is at the Omni Hotel Resort and Spa in Broomfield. Is anyone familiar with this location? I am originally from NJ and am looking for a classy but not over the top expensive place. I just wanted to get some details and advice from the ladies as to if this place is known to be nice or if I am getting ripped off! The wedding is on a Sat and is outdoor pavillion. The minimum is 7,000 is that worth it? she brought it down from 10,000 - that includes food, cake, tables, all the good stuff even a cocktail signature drink ( lemon drop because I am having a yellow and blue wedding) What do you guys think? Worth ?
- R&G - July 2, 2011

Re: Omni Hotel, Broomfield Wedding?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    welcome to the board!

i know at the brown palace you can get all that plus more for $5000 minimum, you should do your research, there are places here in town that will do the full inclusion for less

but if you love it, you love it...it's up to you

plus, come hang out on the July 2011 boards...when is your wedding date? i'm 7-3-11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I have looked at a ton of places my FI is pretty picky about chairs and service, he just doens't want a place that we get kicked out once the 5 hours are over, The omni offered to have the fire pits outside the pavillion going and have the music on low then we could go inside to their bar (which is ope until 3am) and hang out with our friends and family there, it really just depends on how overwhelmed and tired I am.

Hmm.. now how do I find that board? Kiss

- R&G - July 2, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing Double Tree in Westminster

we had a $2,500 Food and Drink Min. Plus they threw in some extras for signing our contract by a cerntin date..  That also includes Cake or Chocolate Fountain, food, drinks (you can also have an open bar or cash bar) room for bride and groom for the wedding night.. (we are on a very tight budget so we are very happy with our choice)

Sounds like your getting a good deal but there might be something better..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kikibabykikibaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a big party at the Omni in Broomfield, and it was lovely.  It's a very nice hotel, and it has some great views.  I don't know about the costs (I didn't get married locally), but it IS a nice venue.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also negotiating with the Omni.  I negotiated the same $7k - 10k min is insane.  I'm working on the specifics this week.  I am also talking to some others.  I'd love to find out what you are doing at the Omni.  My wedding is in Dec on NYE.  We are doing 9pm-1am and heavy appetizers and cocktails.  I think the Omni's food is super high priced.  I have negotiated with the Ritz-Carlton as well and they have a better price/package and program.  However, being downtown on NYE might pose a problem for guests.  We are having 100 people, how about you?  Where else have you looked?  You might try the Renaissance, it's equally beautiful and the prices are much much more affordable.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello, 
    Well we finally put the down payment down for 120 guests. We figured that we will invite 150 and end up with 120. I loved the Omni, I also was working with the Ritz Carlton but the location was a little farther from Fort Collins, which is where I am from. That is awesome that you are having your wedding on NYE! I will be turning 24 once that ball drops! Just a FYI, I spent NYE in downtown Denver and it was a MESS. Drunk people everywhere and no parking to be found. Someone puked on my car so make sure they have garage security parking for your guests. I have also looked at the Warwick hotel (15k minimum) and the Westin in Westminster. The FI and I really loved the Omni and also remember about the rates of hotels! Not all your guests will be able to drive home so they need to be able to afford the stay. I got the Omni at 90/ night which is an amazing deal. I am getting married July 2nd so have them throw you in some Holiday bonus treats ( I got a complimentary signature drink, upgraded hotel room, lower family rates, bartender fee waived, chair covers- which i didn't take because i love the chairs they had there so we switched for a free spa day for me and my girls. 

Good luck! Let me know what you pick! 
    - R&G - July 2, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I never saw your message back on Omni.  Thank you.  I will PM you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards