DC

Ugh, really?

Our DJ contract has under special comments:
"A gratuity to the disc jockey would be most appreciated."

I HATE THAT. I also hate this DJ in general. He's been a PITA but unless we want to pay for someone else, we're stuck (it's included in the Ft. Myer package).

Be weary of packages, unless you're EXTREMELY laid back and really, honestly, truly don't care - because I thought I didn't care.

I'm at the point in my planning where I just want it to be done and I'm ready for the party!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ugh, really?

• edited December 2011
    It only says gratuity...doesn't say how much! ;)

I hear ya! hang in there!
  • edited December 2011
    Who is the DJ?

I guess it's not clear to me. You signed a contract with Ft. Myers for a package deal, but there is another contract directly with the DJ? Just because there is a package deal doesn't mean you are forced to sign contracts you don't agree with. I know it's just an annoying line in the contract, but if there are more substantial issues, then you are free to negotiate them.
  • PressMePressMe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Will Ft. Meyer give you a discount if you don't use their DJ?  That's how my venue handles their cakes.  That way I could apply it to the cost of another cake.  It wasn't in my materials, but my coordinator knew from experience.

It never hurts to ask.
  • SwizzleStiXSwizzleStiX member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_dc_ugh-really?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:57Discussion:b1b9974d-4294-4943-b654-77b300050361Post:c6c2f9e2-93b1-46f3-935e-7b78af9cb578">Re: Ugh, really?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Will Ft. Meyer give you a discount if you don't use their DJ?  That's how my venue handles their cakes.  That way I could apply it to the cost of another cake.  It wasn't in my materials, but my coordinator knew from experience. It never hurts to ask.
    Posted by PressMe[/QUOTE]

They only give you $200 back - it's a waste! We've already gone off the package for the cake and flowers and are spending waaay more than they gave us.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is rather annoying that he put that on the contract.  Just ignore it and give him whatever you feel like.  Hopefully he wont be as annoying and difficult on the big day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards