DC

Split Hotel cost for Boudior?

Hi! I'm a DC area bride looking to split the cost of a hotel room with another bride to be for a boudior photo shoot.  I haven't picked a date or a hotel yet, but I've been speaking to Teri Pozniak with tPoz photography www.tpozphoto.com.  She's offering $200 for a photo shoot, with an additional $75 if you want hair and makeup done.  It's an additional $199 if you want all of the digital negatives from the photo shoot, which is a great deal!  I've done my hunting in the DC area and most boudior photographers charge you A LOT for the digitals.  So basically, with all the digital copies, hair and makeup, then entire photo shoot will be $474.  This is a great price.  The only problem is that I don't want to eat up the entire cost of the hotel room myself.  I'm sure we could fine a good one in the $150 range so if any of you ladies were thinking about doing this as well, please let me know!  

Re: Split Hotel cost for Boudior?

• Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hmm ... I'm not in the market for boudoir photography, so I don't know all the ins and outs of it.  One thing seems odd though.  Doesn't the photographer have a studio for this?  I don't think I've ever head that the subject is supposed to rent a hotel room.

Please be careful.  Good luck!

• edited December 2011
    I have been looking into boudoir too.  The hotel room is pretty standard and was also a worry for me as well as far as costs. I may be interested but I dont see pics of her boudoir on the website? Am i missing something? ha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hey,
    Yeah the hotel thing seems pretty standard although at first it does sound creepy haha.  Her boudior info isn't on her webiste, but I emailed her because she was listed on the weddingbee.com message board by someone who used her for boudior.  Her email is: teri@tpozphoto.com.  She's very nice and her non-boudior photos look great so definitely reach out to her and see if you like her.  If you want to let her know that you talked with me about pairing up for hotel cost, my name is Jill Harris so she should know who you are talking about.  Let me know if you'd like to pair up!
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome! i will contact her this afternoon. One more question, is she coming to DC? I see that she is based out of baltimore. Just wanted to check.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lizzi97lizzi97 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some hotels rent parlor suites for a few hours during the day, which can bring down the cost.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards