Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Inexpensive Reception Venue Help

Hi ladies! Haven't posted on here in awhile. We were planning a destination wedding that fell through, so now we're planning a hometown wedding on 12/1/12. We have the church booked (Christ United Methodist in Bethel Park), but are still in search of a reception venue. We're planning for ~260-275 guests. We think we have it narrowed down to St. John the Baptist Cathedral Center in Munhall vs. the Library Social Hall. If you have any experience with either of these places, your advice is appreciated! I can't find any reviews! Many of the other places we looked are already booked or not big enough, . We're trying to stay under 15K.

Already booked:
Georgetown Center, South HIlls Country Club, Crowne Plaza South, Peter's Place, Holy Cross, Julian's, Jeremiah's

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Inexpensive Reception Venue Help

• Options
    Have you looked into the Bridgeville VFW?  I think it's called the sunset room.  It is really nice (you would never know it is a fire hall) and I hear it is really reasonable!
  • Options
    South Park has a few buildings that you can rent for for under $500.00.
  • Options
    There is also Broughton Fire Hall. FI has been to a wedding there and said it was rather nice. There's also the ballroom at St. Pamphilus in Beechview. It's along the same lines as Holy Cross. I'm also getting married at CUMC :
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Try the Wendel Inn.  It's similarly priced to the venues you mentioned and definitely holds a lot of guests.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards