Florida-Central Florida
Options

What's too far?

We have less then a year til we say I do and I am starting to stress that we don't have a venue!

My top 2 choices are out, so I am trying to expand my search. I recently found the Grand Oaks Resort up near Ocala. It's an hour and 20 minutes from my house...Is that too far to ask people to drive? Most guests are coming from the Orlando area.

Re: What's too far?

• Options
    edited December 2011

is there a hotel nearby?  would your guests be able to get a room for a decent price?  I think 1hr 20min isn't too far to ask people to drive.  Would you be providing a brunch the next day?  HTH

• Options
    mizzicantwaitmizzicantwait member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i live in Lakeland and I am getting married in Orlando. Its about an hour drive...I also went to a wedding in Longwood which is farther than Orlando. IMO if they really want to be part of your special day they will make it. You might want to check with a hotel in the area especially if you have a late reception but you are not obligated to. 
  • Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just had to drive 7.5 hrs and 8.5 hrs for 2 different weddings.... 1.5hrs is not too bad! I would go ahead and get a room block reserved incase people want to stay up there though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards