Catholic Weddings
Options

Processional/Recessional music?

We've picked the readings and the readers, the ceremony time, etc- but are kind of stuck on the music! Was wondering what you guys used/are using? We are having just the church organist so we're trying to stay away from anything requiring a string quartet and the like. 

I had looked over the website in the sticky thread on the board and the two we tentatively thought of using were Sartori- Con Te Partitro for the processional and Charpentier- Te Deum or Mozart's Church Sonata No. 7 for the recessional.

Thanks!
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Processional/Recessional music?

• Options
    Those both sound beautiful!  I really love Te Deum!  It really sounds like it would capture the celebratory mood of the recessional!  My processional/recessional song are not on the site, so I will share:
    Processional - Water Music Suite "Alla Hornpipe" - Handel
    Recessional - "Tuba Tune in D" - Lang

Both were on organ.  The WP processed to "Largo" from The Four Seasons, which I picked because I liked it on organ, but the harpist played it.

Anniversary

• Options

Nice choices!  We were a bit limited, as our church gave us a list that we had to choose from.  The only real choice for the procession of the bridesmaids was Canon in D (organ), bride's processional will be Trumpet Voluntary, and recessional will be Trumpet Tune (both played on organ and trumpet).  If only I could afford a string quartet for Canon in D... ;)

• Options
    Those sound very nice!

My processional is going to be "Come thou fount of every blessing" and my recessional will be "Love Divine, All Loves Excelling." My roommate is very talented and she will be singing for us :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good choices!  Our processional was "Trumpet Tune in D" by Johnson and our Recessional was "Psalm 19" by Marcello.  
  • Options
    Sartori- Con Te Partitro was in the movie step brothers with Will Ferrell....that is all I would be thinking of if I were a guest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ^^^never seen it? I dunno, Pachelbel just isn't for us and Con Te Partitro is kind of the only one my FI and I liked as a processional. I think there's a good amount of our guests who won't make that association, though. Do you mean it's distracting? Because I kind of figured that between watching the procession, reading the programs, and everything else...the music would be secondary in that scenarioi.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    For my daughter's wedding she chose "I danced in the morning"
    We also had an organist.  It was a very happy joyeous tune, and sounds great on the organ.  Many youtube versions to listen too.
    The priest LOVED the selection as well for a recessional
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards