Florida-West Coast

What's the deal with the class?

I read online that your marriage license is $30 less if you take the premarriage class. FI remebers reading a booklet and answering question before his short lived first marriage, but that was almost  10yrs ago. I asked a friend who was recently married and she said the class cost as much as what you save so they skipped it. Did anyone take it? What's it like? Is it worth it?
image 110 Invited
image 76 Are Ready to Party! image 34 Are Missing Out image0 Need to Respond
RSVP Date: February 21

March 2012 Siggy Challenge: Rings image
Mine imageHis My Wedding Blog(Updated Daily) Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: What's the deal with the class?

• USFMicheleUSFMichele member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I are taking it.  I remember it being the same cost as what you save however... my friend who just got married back in Dec for the 2nd time said it was a good thing to take and she ans her new husband want to take it yearly just so that it helps with their marriage. 

I don't see any harm in it... whatever helps seems good to me!

:)

.: Michele :.

"I'm looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love." AND I FOUND IT!!! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    >>the class cost as much as what you save so they skipped it.

Yep.  That's what we found out so we skipped it too.
    I have heard that some Knotties are members of churches that offer the classes to their members for free, so that's something to check out - but be sure to ask HOW LONG the church course is.

I called the church to see about getting married there, and the snotty coordinator said that their pre-marriage course is AN ENTIRE YEAR LONG, and  the minister would only marry people who had COMPLETED the YEAR LONG COURSE.  Our engagement was shorter than that, so we couldn't do that course and get married in that church.
  • chescamchescam member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're starting ours next month. We'll be doing 10 sessions for free. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • ShakeUpTampaShakeUpTampa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My church offered a 13wk session free but with my work schedule (every Sunday) I could not attend and FI is out of town a bit. So my Pastor recommended Before "I Do" by K. Jason Krafsky, we started it and it is AMAZING. It asks a lot questions I never even thought to bring up!
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards