Favors
Options

Nov. wedding favors....

Hello! I have been thinking about what to do for favors. I want something unique, but nice. I was also thinking about something edible, so that the person could use it, and whatever the favor would be it wouldn't sit in their house and collect dust.... So I was talking to my BM's about the favors... and wanted opinions! One BM said just do the Jordan almonds or M&M's in an organza bag. Another said rent a photobooth, and the pics they take can be their favor... but then another one said "What if they don't take a pic or they don't realize that was their favor." So then, I said maple syrup, even though its a little out of my budget, but I think its cute for a Nov. Wedding. My FI just said shot glasses... LOL... anyway, my other BM suggested buying a turkey baster,(Spelling?),  and a whisk, tying them together with ribbon that has our names and wedding date on it, HA HA HA!!!!! Its definitely different. What are your ideas/opinions about this?
December 2011 siggy challenge- Furbabies Photobucket

Re: Nov. wedding favors....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Edible is always good. You could do a candy buffet. Or chocolates (maybe like this: http://www.maplewoodfarmny.com/altviews/chocolateleaves.html) or a cookie in the shape if a leaf. Personally, I don't know people who actually eat jordan almonds.

I am doing a photobooth. I am buying refrigerator magnets that the photostrip will fit in (like this: http://www.photoboothframes.com/photo-booth-magnetic-frames.php) and putting a piece of paper with a little poem about using the photobooth and taking the picture home for themselves. People will understand it is a favor. Even with people who did not provide some sort of frame have never said that people didn't know it was a favor.

I would stay away from shot glasses. Most people do not want one shot glass with someone else's name on it. People who do personalized gifts often find that people leave them behind.

HTH!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a Nov. wedding and I did a candy buffet ad mini-champagne bottles  I also considered candy apples and truffles.  A photobooth is always a great favor--people love them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Caramel apples. You can DIY them and they are pretty fast to make depending on the amount and everyone loves them...They go with the season and apples are cheap!
  • Options
    bubu7bubu7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    how about some candy in cute candy bins, like this one:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What great ideas!! Thank you! We might do the photobooth. Thank you for all of your ideas and help!!!
    December 2011 siggy challenge- Furbabies Photobucket
  • Options
    schrissynjschrissynj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is in October, NYC and I am doing a personalized sugar cookie with the NYC skyline, his ethnic flag and my ethnic flag.  We are also doing a bag a Brooklyn coffee (Since we are getting married in Brooklyn) and home made Caramels in a glass jar.
    I pondered for months, I jumped from olive oil to soap to tote bags!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm also stuck on favors for my Nov. wedding... I was thinking of something like this:
    http://www.littlethingsfavors.com/lorolobithmu.html I really like the caramel apple idea!
  • Options
    ngundermngunderm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I, too, am getting married in November.  Oddly enough, my fiance also mentioned doing shot glasses,a nd I think that's what we are going to do.  There's a website called discountmugs.com (I think) that had a good price on basic shot glasses and other bar items.
    Be love.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards