Hawaii
Options

Wedding timeline question

So we are hiring the photographer for ceremony only and would really like pro pics of us cutting the cake. It was suggested that we have the cake delivered to our ceremony site, cut it while the photographer is there and have our toast before heading to the restuarant for dinner.

My question is should we eat the cake when we cut it or pack it up and have the restuarant serve it after dinner?

Wouldnt it be weird having cake before dinner?

Please give me your opinions as if you were my guest...thanks
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image139 Were invited to paradise!
image 39 Are ready to party!
image 100 Are stuck on the mainland!
image 0 Need to check their mail!

Re: Wedding timeline question

• Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think that depends on you.  I wouldn't want to eat cake before I eat my dinner.  If you are just cutting the cake for pictures than it is just a small slice that you cut out.  Have the cake packed up and served after dinner.  If you really would like pics of the cake cutting at sunset and at your ceremony site then do that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd totally be fine eating cake first with champagne. I'm not a stickler for etiquette though and untraditional is ok with me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We cut the cake right before dinner and didn't bother feeding it to each other! We just sent it to the kitchen, ate our dinner and enjoyed a first bite at dessert.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We too are having photography for ceremony only.  Since our reception site is relatively close to ceremony site, we will cut the cake and do champagne toast for pictures before dinner then eat cake after.  The photographer and wedding planner acted like this was common.
  • Options
    maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ditto b_rater. J. :-)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our wedding and reception in the same place but since we had a luau show for the reception we banged out a lot of the traditional stuff right away so it was done and we could relax.  We cut our cake just before dinner then did all the dances right away so then it was all done before our photographer left
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards