Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Organization help!

Hi everyone! I am semi-newly engaged--engaged in May, and getting my ring tomorrow. Now that my ring is almost here, I am starting to think more about planning. The budget tool and checklist on the knot is helpful, but I want to be able to carry my stuff around with me when I need to. My sister used a plastic accordion folder, but I thought a notebook may be helpful to tape pictures into, take notes in, etc. How are you staying organized??

Re: Organization help!

• Options
    I have a 3 ring binder with different tabs for:  ceremony, reception, photography/videography, transporation, honeymoon, music, flowers, cake, favors, registry, attire, beauty, attendants, guest list, budget, paper products (invites, STDs, etc.), rehearsal, day of schedule, and out of town guests.  I have my big checklist/timeline at the very front.

I then have a folder on my computer which corresponds to each of those tabs.  All of my contracts are in my notebook along with a scanned copy on my computer.
  • Options
    I also used a 3 ring binder.  I had it all tabbed out to separate each category.  It worked pretty well and was easy to carry around.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Agree with PP.  3-ring binder is the way to go.
  • Options
    I got my 3 ring binder & organiser from barns and noble. I love it. It even came with a hole punch/ ruler. That was what set it apart from all the other ones just like it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks guys, a 3-ring binder it is!
  • Options
    Yup, I did the 3 ring binder thing with tabs as well. Then I just had some blank sheets of paper and a pen always in it and took it wherever we went to speak with vendors, etc.
  • Options
    I bought the Wedding Planner Binder Guide and the book of lists by the Knot. All of it was at Barnes and Noble, but it is so helpful!! I would be lost without it. It gives you checklists, budget information, tells you what to ask to florest, photographer, etc. It is large pink with white polka dots. Very obnoxious but so worth the embarrassment!! There are places to put contracts and everything! I got engaged August 27, and decided on April 9 to get married. It has been a life saver!

Good luck and I hope this helps!!
  • Options
    ajtho-- The wedding planner is by the knot, too?
  • Options
     I just got married in August and I still can't get enough of this wedding stuff! So, I made a blog with my do's and don'ts and wedding advise! I just wrote a page on where to start. I will be continuing to post useful info as I blog!! Check it out at: 

• Options
    Agree with PP.  3 ring binder with folders, tabs, and blank paper inside.  To-do list is at the front.

I also have a "Wedding" folder on my desktop, which is then broken down into categories such as "Cake" or "Floral" or "Hair" etc. that way all of these ideas stay organized as well. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards