Canada

A Little Support

Hi all! Only one month to go until the big day and all of a sudden I'm panicking ("so much to do, so little time"  type worry). Any pearls of wisdom out there to help calm the nerves?
Suzie and Tom: Livin' the Dream!

Re: A Little Support

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am 2.5 months out and feeling that way a little bit too.  I just keep telling myself that it will all get done.  I'm sure you have a ton of family and friends to help out, if it really gets down to crunch time.  Everyone wants to see you guys have an amazing day, and it will happen.

I go to the gym a lot to get out some of the extra stress, and make sure that I force myself to NOT do wedding stuff every time I have some free time!

I'm sure the already married girls have much better advice than I, but I hope that helps a little!
  • echo136echo136 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish I had words of wisdom but I'm just under a year out so I haven't lived through it yet. I think that it is important as PP said to remember that you are not an island and that you have FI, family and friends who would likely love to help you make your day even better. Maybe it's also a time to look at what really needs to be done and what you want and accomplishing the needs and then seeing if there is time for the wants.

I don't know if that is any help. I am sure it will all work out.

All the best!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know exactly how you feel! I always thought that I was pretty organized and that I wouldn't get so frazzled near the end but so many details just came up.

For me, it was more a matter of mental clutter than anything - if something came up, I couldn't rest until it was taken care of.

I personally found it really helpful to make a rolling list of any little detail that came up. That way, I got it out of my head and onto paper (so I didn't have to think about it, but I knew I wouldn't forget it). I kept this list as a google doc so that I could access it from anywhere. Having a single giant to-do list also helped to prioritize - once you see it written down, it's easy to decide what to do first, what to do later, and what's OK to skip.

(Yes - it IS ok to skip some things! Wink)

Good luck! It'll all work out in the end!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a year away as well but I'll tell you some advice my friend told me...  when it gets down to the tiny, last minute details...  Just think about what that particular thing will mean to the wedding as a whole...  For example, if it's something that only you (and maybe your husband to be) will notice, it's probably not worth stressing over!
  • edited December 2011
    I have 3 months to go and I can feel your pain. I am living abroad now so I have not been able to organize a lot of things. We have picked all the important things but I know I am going to have to hit the ground running when I return next month. My biggest issue is will I organize everything on time. 

My best advice is to talk to friends, do something every day that you find enjoyable and remember, it's your day. You can be a diva all you want.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards