Ohio-Toledo

davids bridal question

okay so i got my dress for free through brides of america (amazing program for military brides!) but i still need to get my veil and stuff. does anyone know if they will let me bring in my dress to try on veils and stuff with it?

thanks in advance! =)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: davids bridal question

• edited December 2011
    I'm sure they would, it is all about making a sale when it comes down to it.  I'd give them a call.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Yes, they will! I got my dress at Atlas, and I wanted to try on shoes at David's.  I asked if I could bring in the dress to try on the shoes, and they said it is no problem, but to call and make an appointment first!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure you could!   

Just a tip, though, I got my tiara & veil from Pam Thomas (the seamstress) at a fraction of the cost that I would have paid at David's.  So that's another option to consider! :)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FWIW, in hindsight, I would have purchased my veil from etsy or ebay.  Or like Merin said, Pam Thomas... I paid through the nose for my veil. And it was not the one I originally wanted.  I had so many issues getting the one I wanted from DB, it was pretty much a nightmare experience with the veil.  I ended up having to exchange the one I originally purchased (because it never came in after months of them saying it will be there next week) and buying one I did not like nearly as much.

Mind you, this all happened at a DB in Ft. Collins, CO.  I did not have very good experiences with DB in Ft Co, CO at all. But the DB in Toledo was great to work with.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I tried on veils at DB to get an idea of the length and fullness that I wanted.  Instead of paying crazy bridal shop prices for a piece of tulle, I ordered my cathedral length veil from ebay for under $20.  I was 100% happy with it and I saved TONS of money.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • futuremrsabefuturemrsabe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks girls! i've looked at etsy already but i dont want to buy anything until after i can try something on with my dress to see what it looks like.

a couple of you have mentioned pam thomas, a seamstress. where is she located? and also did you have her do your alterations? all i need is my dress bustled and maybe a few minor alterations, but i dont want to trust just anyone with my dress. lol. if you had her do your alterations how expensive is she?

thanks again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Pam did my alterations and she was awesome!  I don't know the exact price, but for taking in the dress on the sides, removing the lace trim along the bottom of the dress, hemming it and reattaching the trim, AND doing the bustle, was less than $200.  I would say $190, maybe?  It was a steal for the amount of work she did.  And, the bustle held all night long, no problem, which wasn't the case at several wedding's I've been to lately.
  • futuremrsabefuturemrsabe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks so much abbey! i need my dress bustled & some tulle added to the bottom but thats about it. so i didn't want to pay too much for such little things. i will definitely be contacting pam though! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I had Pam do alterations for a bridesmaid dress and she did a great job! She had a lot of good suggestions on how to make the dress fit better.  I did see had a lot of veils in her house that she sold.  I think she said she didn't have any veils over $100.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards