New Jersey - South
Options

Let's Rant Wednesday

Hey ladies
I am going to post topics this week to keep the board busy and what not. So here is something for you to do!

Todays topic: Let's Rant Wednesday
*You can rant about anything thats bothering you*

Hey Ladies,
Ugh I had to take my car back to the mechanic again because I had failed for my o2 sensor and then i was driving yesterday and then the flipping check engine cameback on, and they tell me my other o2 sensor went so now thats more money that has to be spent .AHHHHH like anything else can't go wrong!!!

I need some starbucks.. anyone wanna email me some?? lol

Re: Let's Rant Wednesday

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have to drive from Delaware (where I currently live) to S. Jersey on Saturday to pick up my dress.  I'll be really pissed if the weather is so bad that I can't make the trip!  I've been waiting almost 6mos for this dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow how did you find out about the botique in delaware?

well i hope you are able to get your dress!!!
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Shaki, I've had car trouble recently myself:  thanks to all pot holes, I bent the rim of my rear passenger tire so badly that I had to buy a new rim!  Thank God, the tire itself was OK, but the rims cost more than the tires.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm at work and I can't wait to get out of here. This place makes me very cranky.

Also, I'm tired today, which is making me all the more cranky.

And one last thing (for now) ... do people not realize that the speed limit on the Expressway is 65? If I'm passing you in the right lane doing 60mph, then apparently you're doing something wrong.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm at work also and wish I wasn't here. I should not complain and be thankful that I have a job but it's hard to stay focused. Especially since everyone is out to lunch and I am the only one here.

I am not really too happy about this snow storm we are supposed to have! Our snow blower broke during the last snow storm and our driveway has a little bit of an incline so it's more of a hassle to get the cars out.

jajph1974 I love your comment about driving! I can't stand when it's nothing more then a cop who has someone pulled over on the side of the road and ppl slam on their brakes! He is not going to leave the car that is pulled over to come after you...keep driving!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Musicheals71 : yeah its crazy how much things like that cost lol!

demarcosjd :ah that sucks! hopefully everyone comes back so you will have some company..  i start my first day of work next monday so i have to start getting use to that all over again lol.. so that means no more knotting as much as i would like but im going to make it work haha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_lets-rant-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:b57999a3-df3b-414e-8e3a-5087f5adaa65Post:68a6eaf0-89bf-4712-b54c-ad16ce0ba7d9">Re: Let's Rant Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm at work also and wish I wasn't here. I should not complain and be thankful that I have a job but it's hard to stay focused. Especially since everyone is out to lunch and I am the only one here. I am not really too happy about this snow storm we are supposed to have! Our snow blower broke during the last snow storm and our driveway has a little bit of an incline so it's more of a hassle to get the cars out. jajph1974 I love your comment about driving! I can't stand when it's nothing more then a cop who has someone pulled over on the side of the road and ppl slam on their brakes!<strong> <font color="#800000">He is not going to leave the car that is pulled over to come after you</font></strong>...keep driving!
    Posted by demarcosjd[/QUOTE]

Exactly! He already got one  :)

There were two cars pulled off to the side on 42 this morning and of course everyone had to slow down. Normally, this would really get one my nerves but I was too tired to care this morning
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    shaki - I'm originally from Mays Landing, and I'm getting married in Voorhees.  I went to stores that I was familiar with down there and bought one from Tesi in Ventnor.  It just sucks that I made an appt to pick it up over a week ago when I didnt know this storm was coming and now I want my dress!  I dont want to have to re-schedule.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh ok gotcha!
    well i hope it doesnt snow so you can pick up your dress!
    I went yesterday to go and get mines I was like ugh I couldnt have picked a better day it was cold and rainy eeek! But i am glad i got it all done and over with one thing off my list and a billion things left to get haha.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well besides work (day 3 of 6 for the week, ugh) and the snow (I am so over snow.  College made me hate it b/c they never used to close campus when there was 10 inches of snow and I used to ruin shoes in it ::sad face::).  But I'm so anxious waiting for our house to be done!  They keep telling us that closing will be April 2nd, but the house is so close to being done.  Carpets, floors, doors, etc are in.  The only thing we can think of us the landscaping, which I guess they can't do with snow (and back to hating the snow haha).I totally agree with the people driving slow b/c a cop has someone pulled over.  he's not going to get you!  the time to slow down is when hes sitting there in the median, looking for someone to pull over.  i hate drivers who cant drive.  its agrivating!
    At sea, heading to Lisbon, Portugal Anniversary
  • Options
    SunRun11SunRun11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    miguelhilary: I feel your pain on the impending snow storm.  My fiance and I are supposed to walk through a house that we've wanted to buy for months on Friday night.  I really hope that everything is fine by then so that we can stick with our plan.  Good luck to you and be careful driving!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    viewfromheaven-good luck with your house!
    miguelhilary-if you do go to get your dress be safe!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good thing is that I take 95 to the W. Whitman then over to 42/AC Xway so its all highway and hopefully all cleaned up!

Back to ranting, I wish my mom would stop putting off MOB dress shopping so she can "lose weight first".  I've been engaged over a year, if it hasnt happened to this point, I dont expect any major losses in the next 5 months!  Just buy a dress already!

I'm tired of miscellaneous vendors calling/emailing me because they got my contact info at a bridal show.  I only went to one bridal show, how many people did they give my info to???

Last one... why are cake toppers so damn expensive for something so minor?  I would never have expected to pay $40+ to get monogram letters.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

yeah cake toppers are so expensive lol... im doing flowers like the ones you eat on top of the cake on there

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married Saturday and the weather is making me NUTS.  Our rehearsal is tomorrow and I'm so scared I will have to cancel it...

Yesterday I broke the glass for our signature frame....

FMIL just realized there was about an 1.5 delay between the ceremony and reception and wants to know what she is supposed to do with the guests (I asked her 6 months ago and she ignored me)....

3 more days, I can make it....

Everyone pray for good weather for me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Two things happen to me today one I got my jars for my candy buffet from another bride in the mail and 4 out of 9 where broke, my husband said I should say something to the lady but I think I know that could break in the mail so I don't know what to do.

The 2nd thing is my husband and me got a shed and his couise is helping as put it up and we are paying him good money for it. Now he comes over here and I make them breakfast and lunch everyday and he gets payed. So yesterday their could not work on it because it was raining, so he said that he would be by today to finish it up, will my husband keep on calling him in the morning and then he called back and said that he was in trenton,so that means the shed is not getting done and snow is on it way. My thing is if you know you had to go to trenton why could you not pick up the phone tuesday and let us know. So my husband had to find someone else today so we could finish it up before the snow comes. I am soooo mad he always does these I just wish my husband would stop calling him for help.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had to get a passport today (FI's grandparents are taking the whole family to Mexico in May). First, I tried to go to the Post Office after teaching one day to find out they only accept applications until 3. I went to the County Clerk's office and they didn't accept my debit card. I had to go out and get two money orders before going out food shopping because it was my night to make dinner. Stupid bureaucracy. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_lets-rant-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:b57999a3-df3b-414e-8e3a-5087f5adaa65Post:9b7be2a7-9a1d-4231-ab6c-762a3dd5ff2f">Re: Let's Rant Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had to get a passport today (FI's grandparents are taking the whole family to Mexico in May). First, I tried to go to the Post Office after teaching one day to find out they only accept applications until 3. I went to the County Clerk's office and they didn't accept my debit card. I had to go out and get two money orders before going out food shopping because it was my night to make dinner. Stupid bureaucracy. 
    Posted by lihvsa01[/QUOTE]

Getting any kind of documentation is a pain in the asss.

I lived in PA for a few years and when I moved back to New Jersey it took me SIX trips to the DMV to get my license switched over. Each time I went they told me a needed some different form of ID.  It was ridiculous.

I haven't changed my name yet on anything because I'm dreading going back to the DMV
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm ranting about the snow too.  I'm a nurse and only work three days a week (its 12 hour shifts).  I don't get how four major snow storms all land on the days I'm on!  Though I have to say after driving to and from work during the last three storms, six inches seems like nothing. 

My FI has been on me for about a year to buy a four wheel drive vehicle and prior to this winter my excuse was we don't get enough snow down here to justify it.  This winter proved me wrong. Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mumidi - congrats on your up and coming wedding! i hope everything goes well and i hope the snow doesnt get you down .

do you know what your going to do with those guests?

jennifer & chris-did you take insurance on your glasses when you asked them to ship it?

aneresRN - yeah im glad i got my subaru thru all this stupid snow.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards