June 2013 Weddings

Introductions!

There are a ton of new brides joining this board every week! Let's get to know each other a little bit better!

-Name/FI's name:
-How Long Have You Been Together?:
-Proposal Story:
-Wedding Date:
-Fun Fact About Yourself:

Wedding Countdown Ticker
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Introductions!

• -Name/FI's name: Karami/Alan
    -How Long Have You Been Together?: *blushes* kind of a short amount of time. We have been dating for a little over 9 months
    -Proposal Story: Alan suggested going out to dinner before Thanksgiving to start a new tradition of spending time just the two of us before the holiday chaos started. After ordering a bottle of wine, he proposed a toast: "To us gettting married" and pulled out the ring. I just stared at him and the ring in silence for a few moments before saying "of course!" (he still laughs about my poor reaction. But in my defense, I don't handle surprises well!)
    -Wedding Date: June 15, 2013. We may have gotten engaged faster than most, but we don't want to rush down the aisle. I know he is my soulmate, but I want to complete school beforehand.
    -Fun Fact About Yourself: I hate bread. I'll order sandwiches either as a lettuce wrap or without bread. Just can't stand it. (except for olive garden's breadsticks or my grandma's dinner rolls.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • -Name/FI's name: Laura/Tony
    -How Long Have You Been Together?: It will be 5 years on Feb. 6
    -Proposal Story: We went to Chicago for a long weekend in May '11(first official trip by ourselves). On our first night there we got all dresses up and went to dinner. On our way home from dinner FI said that he wanted to walk through Millenium Park. I was all for it since it was all lit up and the art was super pretty. We stopped at the 2 big water falls and he said he wanted to get a picture of me in front of them. He took the picture and then I turned around to look at the water falls. He came up behind me and said he had a question, when I turned around he was holding the ring! He asked me if I would be his forever. I was so excited and it was so unexpected that I didn't even know what to say! haha It took me a minute to gather myself together and I of course said yes!
    -Wedding Date: June 22, 2013
    -Fun Fact About Yourself: I don't have a life outside of nursing school! Ok, that's not really a "fun" fact but I am so bogged down with school right now that my life seems less than fun most days anyway!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • -Name/FI's name: Emily & Justin
    -How Long Have You Been Together?: 2 1/2 years (bonus fun fact - my childhood best friend is married to his childhood best friend...that's how we met.)
    -Proposal Story: Justin proposed at home, by presenting me with a vase of flowers and a card, where he had written out his proposal...and my response was to start laughing and ask if he was serious (we were about to close on our house, and I wasn't expecting him to spend the $$$ on a ring until we had moved in and got settled. He didn't have a ring though, because I can be a tiny bit on the picky side (*cough* it took 2 1/2 months to get my ring made because I had a pretty specific idea in mind for it). It was perfect, nothing over the top, just very low key and personal.
    -Fun Fact About Yourself: I'm unbelievably clumsy, but I learned how to ice skate when I was 3 years old...it's one of the only coordinated things I can do!!
  • -Name/FI's name:  Dee / Kevin

-How Long Have You Been Together?: 7+ years! Engaged since June 2011

-Proposal Story: You might want to take a seat as it's a long one LOL

The day before Canada Day we planned to go up to my parents cottage for the long weekend. My work day was INSANELY busy and tiring. I had a million and one things I had to get done after work and after my crazy day I was just tired.
    Everything that day wasn't going according to plan at all and I was SUPER delayed. My fiance and I decided that we'll go up later at night to miss some traffic and I agreed that was a good idea (I hate traffic - who doesn't LOL) so I'm doing this, that and the other thing and he pops out to grab a couple items from the store I needed (and unbeknownst to me - my ring!!) as well as dinner for us. When he gets back in with our dinner, I take a break and eat it with him. He asked me what time I thought we'd be heading up and I said I wasn't in any hurry as nothing is going according to plan so whenever. He was telling me how he was going to go on a bike ride and asked if I wanted to come - I said no but if he wanted to go for a walk, I would and we can take our dog (I keep nagging to take the dog for a nice walk in the evenings afterwork so I was happy we were finally going to get to - I fell right into his plan LOL)
    So we're walking on the trails behind our house just before sunset. At one point he tells me he has a rock in his shoe (It's a gravel road and I had just complained I had one a couple mins prior as I was wearing flip flops and it hurt LOL) so I walk ahead with the dog and figured he'd catch up. He was taking longer than normal so I turned back and saw him on one knee with a ring box open. I was in shock and said What the F**k?! (LOL I'm a potty mouth). I was in so much shock and happy that I didn't hear a thing he said as I just kept saying and thinking OMG, OMG, OMG!! He asked me again if I'll marry him and I said yes!!!
    It was a perfect evening!! The sun was just setting over the ravine. It was beautiful! I wouldn't have had it any other way.  I absolutely loved the way how I had forgotten about my terrible and crazy day after that moment!
    It was a great long weekend as all my family were at the cottage and celebrated with us.

-Wedding Date: June 22nd 2013

-Fun Fact About Yourself: Hmmm fun fact about myself? I've broken way more bones than I'd like to admit? And the way I've gone about breaking them each have a funny/weird story? LOL I'm talented.
    Orrr I have two fun side biz's - I create handmade cards, invitations and paper gifts and the 2nd one is I create custom cakes, cupcakes, cookies & chocolates.
    June '13 - Cake!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Books read in 2013 - 0/25
  • -Name/FI's name: Ashley/Steve
    -How Long Have You Been Together?: 3 and a half years
    -Proposal Story: He took me back to where we met at my uncles (landscaper) down by the pond, at the pier by the fire pit :-)  My uncle was of course watching through binoculars out the window!  He was so nervous too... but I completely forgot everything that happened once I realized what was going on. I don't even remember if I said yes, just "really?! really?! OMG really!"  I just get a smile on my face here just thinking about the moment I saw him get down on his knee.
    -Wedding Date: June 8, 2013
    -Fun Fact About Yourself: Uh, I am a huge nerd, love science so I am getting my PhD in Materials Engineering.  I am also a huge redneck, grew up cutting trails in the woods with a machete, riding my dirtbike, helping bale hay across the street and tending to our neighbors horses.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • -Name/FI's name: Allie/Adam

-How Long Have You Been Together?: about 4 1/2 years, by the time the wedding is here it will be almost 6!

-Proposal Story: FI and I went up in northern Michigan to Mackinac Island (one of my most favorite places) The second we got to the island he had a private horse drawn carriage waiting. At this point I was freaking out and I couldnt even look at him or I would have hypervenilated because I knew it was coming and I was so shocked. The carriage stopped at a bluff overlooking the water and he got down on one knee, of course I cried even though I knew about 5-10 minutes beforehand!

-Fun Fact About Yourself: I love the color pink.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • -Name/FI's name: Cara/Andrew

-How Long Have You Been Together?: 3 1/2 years (it will be exactly 5 years when we get married)

-Proposal Story: Andrew and I started a tradition that we would go to a nice resturant right before he went back to school. She we went to one of the nicest resturants where I lived. I did not think much of it because it was normal. We bought a Bottle of wine and and ordered dinner. As soon as I finished my last bit of food he started talking to me. I kinda figured it out and i started freaking out. I just wanted him to ask me already. And then he got down on one knee in the middle of the resturant. The best part was no one really noticed which i liked! And we got free desert from our waiter since we were newly engaged!

-Wedding Date: June 8, 2013 (our anniversary)

-Fun Fact About Yourself: I have 2! I love to bake but hate to eat it! and My FI is my cousins best friend and thats how we met!
    Photobucket
  • -Name/FI's name: Megan/Tim
    -How Long Have You Been Together?: just over 4 years
    -Proposal Story:  Really boring!  We, I actually, had brought up the idea of getting married before, and he pretty much got short of breath and broke out in hives.  This August, I kind hit my breaking point, and asked him if he just wasn't the marrying type, I mean after four years, hasn't it crossed your mind at all?  He asked me then, totally took my by surprise, and I was the one who needed a bag to breathe in instead!
    -Wedding Date: June 15, 2013
    -Fun Fact About Yourself:  I can't snap, everyone has tried to teach me, but it's just one of those things
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Name/FI's name:Kori/Travis
    -How Long Have You Been Together?: 4 almost 5 yrs / since may 22nd 2007
    -Proposal Story: I just got off of work and came home to a rose with a note that said "dont get mad just go to where we went to school together(our high school)  and wait by the sign so i did. then i see is oldest sister and she had a clue and a rose...and it said go to where we passed in the halls...who would have known u where the one i wanted most of all(which was our middle school) that where is other sister was and she had a rose and a clue that said now go to the place where you gave me my first order saying get that ball(we played t-ball together too and i use to tell everyone to get that ball for me i was the catcher) lol and there his mom was with a clue and rose and it said ur scavenger hunt isnt quit over go back home and ill see u later...i was getting mad on the way home. then i walk in my house and there roses every where leading me down to my finished basement! my dog even picked up a rose and thru it at me :) i waslked down the stairs and he was kneeling on one knee in a heart made out of rose pedals!!!!! He asked and i said YES!!!!
    -Wedding Date: June 22nd 2013
    -Fun Fact About Yourself: If i eat bananas i get charlie horses! haaha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    -Name/FI's name: Amanda & Bryan

-How Long Have You Been Together?: 5 years (October 14, 2006)

-Proposal Story:
    Last New Years Eve (2010-11) we were at a party at a friends house, He had been acting so strangely all night and I kept asking him what was the matter and he would reply "nothing, nothing I'm fine". So taking his word for it i continued on enjoying myself with our friends. And then he began to get even more strange to the point where i was getting annoyed lol. So shortly after the ball dropped and everyone had exchanged their new years hugs and kisses he came up behind me and said he had a question. When i turned around he was down on one knee with a little silver box, and of course all of our friends started freaking out (he hadn't told anyone his plan!) And I immediately started bawling my eyes out! And then o hugged him around his neck so hard I'm pretty sure he stopped breathing lol. Then he asked me again, and I all i could do was nod my head 'yes' in response because i was crying so hard lol.

-Wedding Date: Friday, June 7, 2013

-Fun Fact About Yourself: I hate jelly, i was probably the only kid in the neighborhood growing up who never ate PB&J

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • -Name/FI's name: Holly & Charlie

-How Long Have You Been Together?: about 3 years (but we met when we were 12, and have been best friends since we were about 15)

-Proposal Story: Charlie inherited the house he grew up in when his grandmother passed away. We knew we were "it" for each other, so we started this whole huge home renovation (which took WAY longer than either of us had anticipated). We were *finally* moving all of my stuff in for our first night in the new house together. As we're getting ready for bed he goes to the kitchen, so I started watching Ghosthunters, because I love that show. He comes back into the bedroom with a very serious look on his face. "We need to talk. I just don't think I can move in with my girlfriend." I'm staring at him, seriously considering punching him in the face considering how LONG we've been planning the move, etc, and we FINALLY had all my stuff moved in. Luckily, before I could actually punch him, he pulled the ring out of his pocket and said, "I'd much rather move in with my fiance." :D

-Wedding Date: 6/7/13

-Fun Fact About Yourself: I named my puppy Ninja after the show Ninja Warrior. I'm hoping to get another dog in a year or so and name him Warrior. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • -Name/FI's name: Kendra & Ben
    -How Long Have You Been Together?: A little over 5 years
    -Proposal Story: My FI planned a special weekend for us to celebrate our 5 year anniversary and he didn't tell me anything about the weekend. We ended up going to the Wisconsin Dells and he planned fun little things for us such as a pottery class, couples massage, and a romantic dinner. Friday was our anniversary and I was thinking a proposal could happen but when it didn't I was a little disappointed. Then on Saturday after we got ready for dinner he gave me a big hug and told he loved me so much and couldn't imagine spending the rest of his life without me. At this point he got one knee and had a beautiful ring in hand. I was so thrilled, I said yes right away and couldn't stop smiling the rest of the night :)
    -Fun Fact About Yourself: I love traveling around the world. When I was younger my mom use to take me to a different country every year & two years ago I went on a mission trip to Haiti and got home two days before the earthquake. Right now I really want to go to Spain or Hawaii.... honeymoon possibly ?!?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • -Name/FI's name: Jacqueline/Tim

-How Long Have You Been Together?: 7 yrs next May

-Proposal Story: I live in the city and take a bus home from work.  So, after an awful Friday (got stuck staying late, bus broke down, etc), he met me at the bus with our dog to walk me home the 2 blocks.  Of course, I was ranting about my day.  He opens the door to our house, I go in first, drop my bags in the livingroom, and there on the table is champagne and a bouquet of flowers from the flower shop by our first apartment. Being the non-cheesy type, I turn around to see him on one knee with a little box and I say "Shut up!  This better not be a joke."  Of course it isn't.  Then he opens the box and the most perfect ring is just there :) 

-Wedding Date:  6/15/2013

-Fun Fact About Yourself: I know all the states in alphabetical order.
    imageimageLilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Name/FI's name: Mandi/Chad
    -How Long Have You Been Together?: Friends for about a yr and half together 9 months. 
    -Proposal Story: It was Christmas morn and FI was acting funny.  We were in a rush to get to his parents house on time. (we are always late) He kept standing around with the baby (I even yelled at him to get it together)  He called me into the livingroom had our LO in his arm holding the ring and said "Mommy will you Marry Daddy"  I felt so bad.
    -Wedding Date: June 15, 2013.
    -Fun Fact About Yourself: I was born in Florida moved to OH when I was 12 and def ready to move back to some place warm.  I hate snow! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards