Illinois-Chicago

VENUE NEEDED: Self-Catering Allowed, Budget-Friendly Location in Northern Chicagoland

We're trying to do our wedding for under $5,000.

I'm trying to find a place that will allow self-catering so that we can simply have a dessert reception and bring food ourselves. So far, I've had no luck finding anywhere in Northern Chicagoland/Southern Wisconsin that allows self-catering.

I'm open to any suggestions, but I'd be really excited if anyone knew of a renovated barn, a forest preserve building, or some sort of estate that allowed self-catering.

Thanks in advance!

Re: VENUE NEEDED: Self-Catering Allowed, Budget-Friendly Location in Northern Chicagoland

• The Grove in Glenview allows it, but you have to add an extra $1,000 for "training," which basically negates much of the savings.
  • You should try Maravela's Banquets in Fox Lake...they dont do self catering, but they are SERIOUSLY budget friendly and dont have room rental charges, etc to rack up the costs! I am using them for 100 people sit down family style dinner with premium open bar, and i am not going over 4grand!! and their food is amazing!! so for what you are wanting, it will be way less!
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_venue-needed-self-catering-allowed-budget-friendly-location-northern-chicagoland?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:ee1c60f5-f3bf-4e63-b1ee-c408d1c3d58dPost:f337a4b8-3087-4dc8-9691-b354a0a11898">Re: VENUE NEEDED: Self-Catering Allowed, Budget-Friendly Location in Northern Chicagoland</a>:
    [QUOTE]You should try Maravela's Banquets in Fox Lake...they dont do self catering, but they are SERIOUSLY budget friendly and dont have room rental charges, etc to rack up the costs! I am using them for 100 people sit down family style dinner with premium open bar, and i am not going over 4grand!! and their food is amazing!! so for what you are wanting, it will be way less!
    Posted by Jewel88[/QUOTE]

Jewel, it looks like you're getting married the week after I am!

We are also using Maravela's! I couldn't be happier with our choice! We are having our LARGE wedding on a Friday and that saves us a good amount of money there, too! It's working out perfect for us, since we both have large families, we have a large guest list! Another plus, the cake is included (from a local, awesome bakery) and they can provide the centerpieces. That's two more expenses taken care of!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Have you called Stan Rosenbeg at the Byron Colby Barn in Grayslake? They allow you to bring your own caterer - but I'm not sure about doing it yourself. There's also the Greenbelt in North Chicago - I'm not sure about their fees.
  • I heard about a great place in Lake Geneva. I'm thinking about using this location!
    Check it out:
    http://www.horticulturalhall.com/Home_Page.html
  • edited January 2013
    I have been searching high and low for a location that will allow me to self-cater. PLEASE HELP!!! A nice place, if possible on the south side of Chicago.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards