October 2012 Weddings

Favors poll

I am not a big fan of favors, that being said, FILs insist on doing favors. (They are paying for them and money is no issue, but they want us to pick them out)

FFIL suggested monogramed votive candle and holder. I hate the idea, who wants a candle holder with someone elses name on it?!

FMIL suggested small leaf shaped maple syrup bottles with a tag with our names and date. Cute and would kind of go with our theme, but I hate the thought of wasting money just to get a cute bottle.

FI suggested nips of crown royal with a tag with our names and date. Everyone loved this idea except FFIL, but he is stuck on candels.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Favors poll

• I strongly dislike the monogram favors too, so I'm right there with ya!  Many people always say if not a photobooth, edible favors are usually the best.  I think maple syrup sounds delicious!
    Anniversary
  • I like the maple syrup or the crown royal ones the best.  I agree - no monogram :)
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • I strongly dislike any favor that isn't food. I've thrown them all out within a week of the wedding - they're completely useless.

I really like the maple syrup idea and feel that it would appeal to more of your guests list. Not everyone drink and/or likes Crown Royal (I don't).
    Anniversary
  • Yeah, I would throw out a candle with someone else's monogram, ha. I kept a favor that had another couple's initials ONCE, because the initials of their first names are the same as our last ones.
    Anniversary
  • I agree with everyone else that food items are the best idea.  I really like the idea of the maple syrup but if you are set on the Crown Royal, so that.  Or to compromise you can do a mix of both.  I would not do the candles though.

Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Agreeing with PP - candles are useless, and you run the risk of guests leaving them behind or throwing them out. I've actually been to one wedding where the little leaf-shaped maple syrups you mentioned were given as favors, and they went over pretty well. I personally loved it, since maple syrup is not something I usually think to buy, but it was nice having a little container of it around if I wanted some. So I would definitely go that route.
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • Honestly, if I were at a wedding with monogrammed candle holders as favors I'd leave it on the table. The past 2 weddings I've gone to i haven't even taken the favor (a monogrammed shot glass and a bookmark that i honestly didn't know what it was at first) I really don't like favors that aren't edible because I'm not a fan of Knick knacks around the house, especially if they have someone else's name on it. I love the maple syrup idea, liquor is ok but not everyone drinks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks ladies. I just wanted to see what everyone thought. We are most likely going to do Crown Royal.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like the syrup idea as well, my cousin did it at hers and went over well.  But now I see you are doing the liquour maybe you could attach maple leaf candies for those that don't  drink.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm with the majority here, the syrup sounds the best to me because people will actually use it.  How expensive is that though?

We're having a candy buffet and a photobooth so we're not doing any traditional favors.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
    182 can't wait to partyimage
    76 are missing all the funimage
  • The syrup idea is cool people really like that. Now is a good time to get it too while the sap is running!
    Can't wait to marry my prince! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards