Students
Options

First time here - looking for fellow Nursing students

Hello Ladies,

It's my first time posting here.  I am an older (soon to be bride) student but just found this community.  I was wondering if there are a few nursing students on here as well.  I have returned to school after many years away and now pursuing my Nursing degree.  FI and I have been engaged for a year and plan on saying " I do" after I graduate with my Nursing degree.  

Looking forward to chatting here!
80 said yes image

Re: First time here - looking for fellow Nursing students

• Options
    Hello,
    I am also a nursing student and plan to get married next october. I will still have the rest of the school year left before i graduate. Planning a wedding while in school is crazy and I can't wait to be done!
  • Options
    Agreed!  School is kicking my butt! I am now just getting the chance to really do some wedding stuff whild on Christmas break.  Good luck to you,  I understand how grueling this all is.  Hopefully by the time my wedding gets closer I will have both under control.  But then again Nursing school is it's own monster - LOL
    80 said yes image
  • Options
    Agreed! It is really difficult to plan a wedding while in nursing school. I am trying to squeeze all I can into the holiday break and the summer. I am waiting until the summer of 2012, when I will be finished, to get married. Good luck to you girls, nursing school is rough, wedding planning is chaotic...but when it is all said and done it is all worth it!
  • Options
    Hey! I am also a nursing student!  Basically my planning is revolving around school...I graduate next December so I pushed the date until that next April (2012)  to (hopefully) pass NCLEX and find a job before the big day.  I'm hoping to get a little planning done over this holiday break and most of my planning done this summer. Good luck to you!
  • Options
    Well my original plan was to graduate next December but it looks like I won't even get to graduate until May 2012.  Wedding isn't until Sept 2012 but I really wish I still had the 9 month cushion instead of 5.  NCLEX is going to be a killer but I want to get it done before the wedding, not sure if I will even be able to do so now.
    80 said yes image
  • Options
    Hey! I just graduated on Monday with a BScN :) Writing my NCLEX in just over a month! Nursing is awesome, you will love it! It is a little stressful planning a wedding with school but you can do it :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am an LPN waiting for the acceptance letter to a bridge program! My semesters are stuffed full of classes for later on when I get my BSN! I am glad there are nursing students here! Regular classes have no match for nursing school! I am glad other gals understand.
  • Options
    I'm in my last year of pre-reqs for an RN-to-BSN/MSN program.  I work full time and take classes parttime.  I'm just glad that I took the NCLEX in '92 and don't have to take it again.  I don't envy you guys having to take it.
    C+D, Four kids, two kids-in-law, four grandkids
  • Options

I'm a nursing student too. I graduate in early June and the wedding is in mid-November. We're seriously broke, but I found a planner that is inexpensive and willing to work within our budget. At first I found myself wasting hours on the internet looking up wedding related things, so I decided this was the best option. I will most likely be taking boards 4-5 months before the big day, which is just about the beginning of serious crunch time, so any wedding related activities that can be taken off of my shoulder by the planner will be greatly needed and appreciated. Good luck with everything! Remember, as important as you think the big day is, your education is more-so! Be smart about your study habits! With that said.. I need to go study, LOL.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm getting married this summer after finishing my first year of my doctorate.  I finished my BSN a couple years ago.  My first semester went okay- but this spring semester looks crazy.  I'm a full-time student, I work part-time and planning my wedding.  I tell my friends nursing school wasn't crazy enough the first time I decided to do it again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards