Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

What Should I Walk In To?

So, my MOH and FI both agree that the music I want to walk into (From "Love Actually, when Jamie is on his way to Aurelia and the little kid is running through the airport) is "Too Epic". I can kind of see their point, but I'm not really well versed in what songs brides walk down the aisle to... I hate the traditional Wedding March, but I do want it to be instrumental.

My suggestion of the theme from Pirates of the Caribbean being unfairly vetoed by my FI =P, I decided to turn to the board... what music are you/did you use or heard someone else use that you loved?

Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
Vacation
Married Bio
Day Zero / Blog

Re: What Should I Walk In To?

• Options
    katieluke1983katieluke1983 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't place the song from "Love Acutally" right now, but nothing in MY opinion is "too epic" for a bridal entrance....

Im walking in to Josh Grobans "When you say you love me" and actually have a vocalist who will be singing, whent he song reaches its height I will enter the room....

Just about any song traditional or contemporary can be found in an instrumental version....

Good luck
    imagepregnancy
  • Options
    courtney1188courtney1188 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, if your fiance doesn't like the THEME for Pirates of the Caribbean, how about a different song from the movies that sounds mroe wedding-ish? My suggestion would be 'One Day'. I think the last minute or so of it could be very pretty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTwhlnvM36c

...damn, now I'M trying to think of how I could incorporate that music, because I absolutely love those movies. But I'm using Love Story as performed by Vitamin String Quartet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're walking in to just the piano version of "Kissing You" be Des'ree.  It's from the movie Romeo and Juliet, but it's very mellow and romantic.  Check out YouTube for some great versions of just the piano music.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Really great suggestions so far! Thank you so much!
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Options
    troesch1troesch1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're probably going to do the opening song from "Up" but we're also having an outdoor wedding and have kids together so...

but I love that scene :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_should-walk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:2bddbf72-c30b-40d9-ab79-8a382e580e86Post:f4dd1afa-e6dc-44c6-ac18-188a0ebc7c92">Re: What Should I Walk In To?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't place the song from "Love Acutally" right now, but nothing in MY opinion is "too epic" for a bridal entrance.... Im walking in to Josh Grobans "When you say you love me" and actually have a vocalist who will be singing, whent he song reaches its height I will enter the room.... Just about any song traditional or contemporary can be found in an instrumental version.... Good luck
    Posted by katieluke1983[/QUOTE]
    Gorgeous! Josh Groban is my absolute favorite artist.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am a firm believer in the music that you use in your wedding will truly make it your wedding.  I am walking into Jonathon Cains (from Journey) Bridal March.  It is a bit more traditional, but it is absolutely beautiful.  When I told my dad the song, he went nuts!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm planning to walk in to William Joseph's "Homeward Bound." Very pretty piano instrumental.

• Options
    lilcasserslilcassers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am walking down to Air in G by Bach. It's beautiful!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kymjunekymjune member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm waling into Yiruma's River Flows In You

A wedding I went to in the Summer, the Bride walked down to Jon Schmidt's Love Story Meets Viva La Vida
  • Options
    Girlie1030Girlie1030 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Like you, I'm not big on the traditional bridal march so I'm walking in to Once Upon A Time... Storybook Love (instrumental version) from The Princess Bride.  I'm also using a very edited version of The Friend's Song from TPB soundtrack as well for my best girl to walk in to. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning on walking into The Feather Song, from Forrest Gump! :)
  • Options
    LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm checking all of these out! Thank you guys!!!!
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm walking to 1,000miles by Mark Shultz... LOVE LOVE LOVE!!  :)
    I've found it in instrumental as well for my wedding party so the transition will be smooth. It's so beautiful and I cry almost everytime I hear it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfR9VUz2BxE
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "When you find the person you want to spend forever with, you want forever to start right away!"
  • Options
    beffers28beffers28 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm walking in to "The Wedding Song" by Kenny G.  My MOH is walking in to "Kissing You" the instrumental version.  I was thinking about doing "Cross My Heart" by George Strait, but I decided on the Kenny G song.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not positive yet, but I have thought about walking in to "Feels Like Home" by Chantal Kreviazuk.  It's from the movie "Michael" Lyrics & song are beautiful.....I'm having a friend sing, and she mentioned it...she has sung for a bride walking into it before.
    Good luck! These are all awesome ideas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards