Louisiana-New Orleans

Thinking of switching venues!!

I am in a very exciting yet nervous situation. I have already put money down on a venue for next year, but now my fiance and I are looking into buying our first home and I'm thinking my overly expensive day seems not as important! I know we will have an amazing day regardless of where we have it, but now the big fairy tale 'wedding that I had planned seems unnecessary. I'm more excited about the marriage than the wedding now!

I have two appointments set up this week at The Rose Garden and the Riverview Room. I would love your feedback on both places. Especially about the food and space.

It's a huge change from SOP, but sometimes change is necessary, especially when dad is offering to help pay for the down payment on a home :-)

Re: Thinking of switching venues!!

• edited December 2011
    I've heard that the Riverview Room is great.
    Don't know anything about the rose garden.
  • cbroekstracbroekstra member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IMO, Riverview Room is classier. Rose Garden is bigger. I've been to an event at the riverview room, but not a wedding so I can't vouch for the food, but I have been to one at the Rose Garden and the food was so-so....

The backdrop at the RIverview Room is just so much nicer than what you get in Harahan too. I dont know what time your wedding is, but nighttime weddings on the river are always gorgous with the lights and the CCC behind it.

Good luck with your house and choosing a new venue!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MsRichard83MsRichard83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone know the pricing of both places? I have been looking for pricing information but can't find anything. I am going to have between 150-200.
  • Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to an event at the Riverview Room and it was nice, it wasn't anything spectacular. It was clean and the food was pretty good, we had a great time. I liked that there was a big dance area, but I felt that everyone was so spread out. The view was amazing though. I have never been to the Rose Garden.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• edited December 2011

I like the Riverview Room.  I thought the people were great and you can't beat those views!

• kbsmom1kbsmom1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Might want to check your contract with SOP.....Im sure that you would loose substancial $$$$$.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know I will be loosing my deposit, but if I can save $5000 or $6000 on a different venue I will forfeit that $1500.
  • bestra0129bestra0129 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding reception at Rose Garden. I loved Vita. She is awesome to work with, and she is willing to help you no matter what. If you need anything, let me know.
  • edearedear member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Riverview Room has a minimum amount of people for a saturday wedding (don't know about a friday) so call and check  - I want to say its 250.  The view is great; can't comment on the food.
  • edited December 2011
    When next year is your wedding?  I would definitely make sure these places are still available first.  Hopefully they are.  We looked at the Riverview Room; it's definitely nice.  Prices, if I remember right, were fairly reasonable, especially considering the location.

Good luck, hon!  Congrats on the house!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved Vita!!! I just met with her today! Her and her husband were so sweet and personable!!

When you say reasonable for The Riverview Room do you remember how much they were for about 150 people?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So I have visited both The Rose garden and the Riverview Room. I loved the Riverview Room, but Ms. Vita at the Rose Garden won me over. She is so amazing and made me feel so wonderful! I loved the room at Jax Brewery, but not the feeling of the people. My fiance and I were basically left to roam around alon

My decision was an easy one after each visit.
  • NolaBride2012NolaBride2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just curious - were both of those places (RR and Rose garden) actually cheaper than SOP? I remember when I was looking at venues last year, SOP was cheaper than RR by a substantial margin (about $2000). Has that changed?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards