California-Los Angeles

J&M Entertainment DJ has anyone ever used them, need advice

Hey Knotties,

Was wondering If anyone went with or is going with J&M entertainment for there dj. There pricey but there fun room, with the cloud cover demenstration was amazing. It's way out of our budget ($2700). But Fi and I are considering saving up for it. But I wanted to know if anyone here has had experience with them and what are your thoughts?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: J&M Entertainment DJ has anyone ever used them, need advice

• edited December 2011
    I didn't book with them because they were way out of our price range. Their fun room was great, and that's why they get you in there before they will talk pricing with you. FI and I really thought hard about it, but decided not to go with them. All of their effects are used only during the special dances, not the whole night. We figured that money could be used elsewhere. He also tried to convince us that we would never find a DJ cheaper than $1000, and we did that too. Haven't had the wedding yet, but so far they have been on top of things.
    Anniversary
  • joysyearjoysyear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Really,
    Who did you decide to go with, and how much are they chargeing you if you don't mind me asking. Also does that include lighting or just music.

Thank you,
    Joysyear
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Sunset DJ. They charged 600 for just music for a 5 hour reception. The lighting I believe was $20 for each up light; but the dance floor lighting was included in the music package.
    If you want to use them, and say that I recommended you we both will get a discount. Just let me know.
    Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds really good. I'm going to def have to check them out. I'll go look at there website and if I go with them I'll def let them know you referred me. Would you  mind if I  back with after your wedding day since it's coming up soon (Yay for you !!) and you can  let me know how they worked out.

Thanks alot

Oh yeah who should I ask to speak with?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • akavanaghakavanagh member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know J and M is expensive, but they are well worth the money. I have been to several wedding that they have DJ/MC'd and they will be doing ours too. They are also willing to work with your budget if you ask or tell them how much you have to work with. If you want a fun party, where everyone....and I mean EVERYONE is dancing all night long choose them. I wouldn't have gone with anyone else! HTH, let me know if you have any other questions! Also, you can get a discount with J and M if you tell them I referred you.
    Photobucket
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Andre,
    Congratz on your wedding, I'm glad to hear from a knottie that actually used there service. Did you end up getting the cloud dance? Also did you happen to use the DJ/MC or did you go with the Host  with seperate DJ package? I actually have lot's of questions, sorry/ 
    Also did they do both your wedding and reception?

Thank you so much for help. And Congratz again 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I will def. come back with a review after my wedding and PM you to let you know.
    Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    cool  thanks
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lv2LvTxLv2LvTx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just recently used J&M for my wedding 1/29/11. They are worth every penny! I got the DJ/MC, Clouds, and bubbles, PA System for the ceremony. A lot of my friends have been getting married lately and I have had pretty boring receptions. Things didn't flow and most of the time you are bored waiting for them to finish taking their pictures. I'm sad to say but I left most of the weddings early.

J&M had all my guest laughing and dancing and in awe when we had our first dance with the clouds. My dad cried. They turned my wedding into an experience that no one could forget. I don't think anyone left my wedding early. Even my parents and grandparents were dancing. They are a little bit more expensive but worth it. 

~Tiffany Margulis
  • akavanaghakavanagh member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_jm-entertainment-dj-anyone-ever-used-need-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:68Discussion:4d914512-f24b-4b6f-bea7-b582d88b44c9Post:1bd88b1f-7261-4e44-8a5a-5091036bfa5c">Re: J&M Entertainment DJ has anyone ever used them, need advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]Andre, Congratz on your wedding, I'm glad to hear from a knottie that actually used there service. Did you end up getting the cloud dance? Also did you happen to use the DJ/MC or did you go with the Host  with seperate DJ package? I actually have lot's of questions, sorry/  Also did they do both your wedding and reception? Thank you so much for help. And Congratz again 
    Posted by joysyear[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Aww thanks!!! </div><div>We are just doing the DJ and MC package with a speaker upgrade. They have been so helpful the whole time. I used my friends as a reference and got 200 off and then they threw in a few more extras! I know people who have also just booked with just a DJ and they've have been satisfied too! I am just using them for my reception, not the ceremony. HTH! Let me know if you have any other questions!</div>
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards