Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Cake in Denton under $3.50/slice? Please help

The family friend who was going to make our cake for $200 just upped our quote to $350. We are on a very tight budget and do not feel that her quality is worth this. I can understand paying $300(or a bit more) for a place that is known for their good cakes, but she is still considered and amatuer and it's a side business for her.

I've been through the vendor list, craigslist, and am waiting to hear back from quite a few people. We are just looking for a 3 tier, relatively simple design(not intricate details, flowers, etc.). IMO, the hardest part would be the color of icing we're looking for. We have less than a month left and I'm freaking out a bit. Does anyone know of places in/near Denton that are in this price range(or preferrably below)? TIA!

EDIT: Picture! Here's the general idea:
imageimage
Wedding Countdown Ticker
MUST HAVES: Clothes, Groom
WISHES: Wedding planner(check!), Honeymoon, Blue Petyl Bouquet

Re: Cake in Denton under $3.50/slice? Please help

• Options
    edited December 2011

$300 for how many guests?  That sounds like a great price.

Anniversary

• Options
    aeliza06aeliza06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think a few people have used Candy Haven. Not sure what their prices are, but they seem to always get great reviews. 
  • Options
    shayNnikshayNnik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are only going to have about 65-80 people. Candy Haven is $4.50/slice, plus tax and delivery.
    imageimage
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think my baker falls within your range.  I think she is $3/slice, but you'd need to call and find out for sure, as we ended up adding things that increased our price.  It's Panini Bakery in Park Cities.  They will travel, obviously, so you don't need to stay in Denton.
    Anniversary

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might look at Texas Star Bakery.  The prices on their website show $2.50-$3.00 slice plus $50 delivery.
  • Options
    winechic25winechic25 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cake artist is in your price range as well, and we got so many compliments on our cake! Her prices are between $3.00-$3.50 a slice depending on flavors. Her name is Ruth Robbins with Tastefully Yours and is out of Southlake and she will also deliver.
  • Options
    shayNnikshayNnik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies!! I'll be making a few phone calls this afternoon.
    imageimage
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    shayNnikshayNnik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and the reason I was hoping for Denton was to eliminate the travel fees since some don't charge if it's within 10 miles or so.
    imageimage
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sandy (Sandy's Unique Imprint) made my cake and I believe it was $3/slice. I'm not sure if she charges any kind of travel fee -- at least, she didn't for mine, but it was in the same city. (She is in Fort Worth).

You can google Sandy's Unique Imprint to find her phone number. It's listed in I believe the 2nd Google search result. Or PM me and I'll PM it too you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tabitha Ballard. She is out of McKinney, but delivers and doesn't charge much. Tabithaballardcc@gmail.com

She did ours 1.5 years ago and we were very happy with her work.
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • Options
    Jen6862Jen6862 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ruth Robbins will give you a discount if  you mention you found her here!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards