Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Is Lace too Old fashioned?

my future sister in law is also getting married, slightly before me, and she keeps going on and on about how she loves her dress, which is awesome, i'm glad she found something she loves, but as she gushes about her dress she keeps bashing lace and talking about how its sooo old fashioned and terrible, she hates the way it looks etc. It's slightly annoying because she knows  that the dress i've found for myself has lace in it, and i really love it,(in fact the lace is what i love about it)  but her constant negative talk about lace is making me worry about my choice, so is lace on wedding dresses out?

Re: Is Lace too Old fashioned?

• Options
    OMG, no way! I love my dress and it has beautiful lace appliques which aren't old fashioned at all! She has some issues and she's taking it out on you in this passive aggressive bashing of lace, lol!  If you love it, great, get it! It's YOUR dress!  

• Options
    jlpenlandjlpenland member
    First Comment
    edited March 2010
    I think lace can be beautiful on a dress. I almost got a dress with lace on it. If lace isn't her cup of tea and she knows it's on your dress, she should just keep her opinion to herself. It's your dress and if you love it, then you shouldn't care what she thinks!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I personally did not like lace in dresses until I tried one with lace on. So pretty! Lace adds such a pretty touch and texture to a gown.

Do not let her comments bother you. Clearly she in insecure about something if she keeps bashing your dress.
  • Options
    I can honestly say that every single wedding dress I saw, while I was trying on wedding dresses, was beautiful.  Most of them just weren't my style, but that didn't make them any less pretty.
  • Options
    I love lace on dresses. It doesn't make it old fashioned. Don't worry about her, you know you love your dress and thats all that matters.

• Options
    No keep your dress. I have seen many many lace dresses in bridal stores recently. it may be making its comeback. she's just trying to make her wedding seem better than yours. Its the classic bride war.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I love lace!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I never thought I would wear a lace gown, but when I found my lace dress I knew it was the one!  I think lace is beautiful and since I bought my dress I can't stop noticing all of the lace gowns out there now!  It is not old fashion at all and alot of designers are creating some beautiful lace gowns.

If you love the dress your wearing that's all that matters.  It should be about how you feel in your dress, not how someone else makes you feel in your dress! I am sure you will be beautiful!
  • Options
    I feel much better! Thank you everyone! Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards