Pre-wedding Parties

Is it acceptable to ask the wedding party to pay for thier own dish at the rehersal dinner?

My fiance and I are paying for our own wedding. Since we are going to be a little tight on money, do you think it would be ok to ask everyone that attends the rehersal dinner to pay for their own meal? Please help!

Re: Is it acceptable to ask the wedding party to pay for thier own dish at the rehersal dinner?

• blush64blush64 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No.

You could just invite them back to your home and cook them food. Don't make them pay.
  • katheriner89katheriner89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having wings & pizza due to this reason. I would NEVER ask someone to pay for something that I invite them to.

I suggest you looking for an area to host it at for free (back yard, parents yard, park, etc.)
    & have something cheap, yet yummy, like pizza, wings, burgers, etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    No.  You're hosting, you're paying.   It doesn't have to be elaborate, but you don't ask your guests to pay for their own meals.
  • edited December 2011
    No.  Have a low-key pizza night at home.
  • barbie92barbie92 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    No. Just do something cheap if you can't afford much...your friends won't care.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image Robby James born 2.24.12 @ 23 weeks due to preterm labor
    Remembering Robby
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Ashes_3Ashes_3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is a definate NO! I would have a cookout, pizza, sandwiches, anything would work. You could always do pasta, because it is a lot cheaper!
  • McKenna2012McKenna2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    No, a rehearsal dinner is a thank you for attending the rehearsal. Also, if I'm paying for my own meal, I want a say in the restaurant, which i shouldn't have for the RD.
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No way.  Make it super casual but make it at your expense.
  • edited December 2011
    I paid for my meal at my friend’s rehearsal dinner. She didn’t tell us ahead of time either. I would’ve rather just had a slice of pizza or something since I had driven from out of town and paid to have my hair done the next day. At the same time, it was a fun night and the $20 wasn’t the end of the world.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards