Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Honeymoon Ideas?

I'm actually from the Chicagoland area. My FI and I are thinking about going to Baltimore for our honeymoon though. The only problem is we really don't know what there is to do in Baltimore; we have just heard that it's a beautiful place to visit. We both are foodies, history buffs, and like to have a nice relaxing time. Any suggestions would be great!
209 Invited image
141 Can't Wait image
19 Have Something Better To Do image
49 Can't Find a Mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Honeymoon Ideas?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Whatever you do, go to Amicci's in Little Italy. Great food and lots of it! If you like Greek food, Acropolis is really good. Not terribly pretty on the outside, but omg, the food is fantastic.

There's a lot of historical sites to visit. This site is useful: http://www.baltimore.to/index.html

Also consider towns outside of Baltimore. Ellicott City has a historic district. Frederick's historic/shopping district is nice.

DC isn't too far (45 min or so).
    planning

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are foodies and history buffs - Baltimore is great, however DC is probably even better.  What's great is that they are only about 45 minutes apart.  Both have awesome museums and restuarants.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are a ton of things to do in the Baltimore/DC/Annapolis area.  I would recommend going to the visitor web sites for all three cities to get more information, and maybe order one of the free guides for each.  You can figure out what things you're most interested in doing.  How long will you be staying?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree that between DC and Baltimore you can pack in a good amount of site seeing. You should rent a car if that wasn't already a plan so you can make the drive which is about the 45 mins everyone has said. Its worth it. There is also Antietam National Battlefield about 65 miles from Baltimore. And Gettysburg in PA but that will be even more driving and I'm not sure how much you're up for.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Philly is pretty close, too.... so if you wanted, depending on how long you're going to be on the east coast, you could go from Philly south to Baltimore, then east to Annapolis/St. Michaels and south to DC.  Never would have thought of Baltimore as a vacation destination but if you're into it and not from around here... now I'm thinking it could be really fun! 

And I second JanoBean on Amicci's- my favorite restaurant in Little Italy.  You HAVE to get the Pane Rotunda.  And go across the street to Vaccaros for dessert :)

In DC there's this restarant in the Hyatt downtown called Cur (sp?) Bistro and it's AWESOME!  They have this "Maryland Blue Crab Pot Pie" concoction and it is to die for.  They've got a great selection of wine and cheeses and all of their meat is cured/slowcooked in a brick oven-- you can see the entire kitchen while you're eating.  It's really neat and we had a great time. 

While in MD you have to get MD crabcakes.   

Happy planning!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Miss ... Mrs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards