Missouri-Kansas City
Options

budget wedding gown

Hi, the gown that I fell in love with is Anjolique 930. Only problem is that it is way out of my price range. I have went to multiple bridal salons and haven't found anything like this especially the silhouette. If you know of anyway to get this gown cheaper or any gowns very similar your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re: budget wedding gown

• Options
    prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never been to either of them, but there are two dress makers in KC who I've heard people talk about. Satin Stiches and the Lady Who Makes Dresses. You can google them and see if they can work with you. From what I hear, their dresses are under $400.

Also, there's a place called Pearl's Palace based in New Orleans who offers some of the best prices online. You can try them as well if you're not interested in a copy.

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, I think I will visit  Satin Stitches. I don't care if its a copy as long as its very similar I will be ecstatic. Especially if I save over $800.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great board!!  Great info will be checking them out also!!  thanks!!
  • Options
    Jen72682Jen72682 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you try maybe googling it online to see what online shops carry the dress? Maybe you can get it cheaper there?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can also try things like ebay or weddingbee if you're cool with a used dress.

For new, I know someone who ordered from the website bestdressprice.com.

If you order online, look around for reviews first.  Some of them are hit or miss depending on who you talk to.  I can't help you much with that part since I was too afraid to order a dress online.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have googled it, but most of the online shops quoted the price between 1200-1600, which is actually higher, plus im scared of paying that much and getting a knockoff. I'd  rather knowingly get a knockoff and paying $600 or less.
  • Options
    kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try preownedweddingdresses.com  I've seen that dress on there before while browsing.  Sometimes they've never even been worn, the girl just bought another dress and had to sell one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oncewed.com is the same as preowned.  Another site to check
  • Options
    HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto to all the other suggestions. Please let us know if you find a place to do it and/or if you have a good experience with them! Good luck!
  • Options
    chyleinachyleina member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I agree with pp. I got my Sottero and Midgely gown  on preownedweddingdresses.com. It was never worn or altered. But I got it for one-third of the original price. good luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011

Such great advice!! I am IN LOVE with a Pnina Tornai dress but unfortunately do not have the funds to spend $11,000 on a dress, let alone a wedding! I have looked into the Satin Stitches and will be meeting with her next month, all her dresses are less than $400! :) Thanks again for the great question and advice from everyone!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards