California-Los Angeles

How Much Did You Pay?!

Is it just me or is wedding make-up and hair insanely expensive?!  I can't believe that the trials cost almost as much as the day itself!  Of course I want to look gorgeous but come on! Am I just being a cheapo or do you agree?  How much did/are you paying for your trials and day of hair and make up?  Do you have any recommendations?  Thanks ladies.

Re: How Much Did You Pay?!

• edited December 2011
    I felt truly blessed on my wedding day.  My hairstylist for the past 14 years did my hair as a wedding gift.  The day of my rehearsal dinner, she gave me a full weave/cut/blowdry and then ripped up the check.  I paid $25 for my trial, and that's it!

I only paid $25 for my makeup trial as well.  My MUA was the mother of my brother's good friend.  My day of makeup was her treat as well, and she gave me extra falsie lashes to wear when my other ones fell out after the honeymoon.  

I felt like a doll on my wedding day; absolutely gorgeous, and my look was totally me!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree with you, I think its a bit pricey too.  I was lucky to find a salon who offered me a package; $150 for hair and make up (trial waved if you book them, otherwise its $50).  The salon is in the The Montebello Town Center mall and its called Salon Gardez. I really liked the results. HTH GL!

Here's a pic of my make up and hair:

• edited December 2011
    I feel ya! Man it sure is expensive, my mouth just dropped! Surprised

Hair- I'm going with Terri Stucker in Studio City, she is my regular hair dresser. She is NOT chariging me for a hair trial and for day of she said it would be $80.

Make-up- I decided to go with Elena Galaviz (DOC's assistant) she did my make-up for our e-pics and I really liked it. Since trials are the way to go is $50 BUT since I'm also having a boudoir shoot I decided to have the trial for the shoot (get all my $'s worth ya know) and for day of $150 but that includes ALL DAY touch-ups.

$80
    $50
    $150
    -----------
    $280

I think it gets pricey, but when I asked other MUA's/hairstylist it they were qouting me $350++

So my damage isn't too bad, but still makes you feel the pain a bit.
  • Mellie35Mellie35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Moira Taylor for makeup. She did my engagement pictures. That was my trial, so I don't know what she costs for an official "trial." For the wedding day, she is charging $100 for me and $50 for everybody else.

As for hair, my regular hairstylist is doing my hair as a gift. Truly lucky! :)

http://moiractaylor.blogspot.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Katie from Beauty and the Beach and I paid $120 for trial and paying $180 for day of. I booked in 2009 so her prices have gone up a bit, but she is AWESOME! I LOVED my hair and makeup for the trial and your wedding day is when you're supposed to feel most beautiful, so I think it's totally worth it if you can afford it!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    If you put the word "wedding' in front of it, it doubles in price. 
  • Choco82282Choco82282 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Erin Zemet.  She works in a salon as a hair/makeup artist and she's just getting into weddings - she just did one of the Laker Girls Weddings.  Her prices are affordable and she's super sweet.  My hair/mu trial was $100 and it will be $200 day of.    erinzemet@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards