Iowa-Des Moines
Options

catering in mason city, ia

I have contacted a few catering companys and one has never gotten back to me. I am wondering if there may be places that I am over looking in the Mason City, Ia area. Looking for good food but not overpriced. Any suggestions would be welcome, thank you,

Re: catering in mason city, ia

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Who did you contact that never got back to you?It just so happens that I grew up in good ol' MC :)  Granted, I moved away for college about 10 years ago but I still remember a few places...Prime N Wine and The Other Place come to mind.  What about places in Clear Lake like Ge-Jos?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Married 10.11.08
    Baby LJ 05.21.10
    TheRookieChef.com
  • Options
    Rita092010Rita092010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I grew up in MC - woo!  Not really.  But anyway, there isn't a whole lot in Mason City that will cater.  Of course there is your standard Hy-Vee (too picnic-y I would think and not great, but affordable).  But I would check someplace like the knottie about stated or maybe Rib-Crib?  There isn't a whole lot there.  Sorry I couldn't be more help!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    HElstonHElston member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have talked to hy-vee, but also called Pies n more. I have heard they have good food. However they have never gotten back to me. Thank you for your repsonses.
  • Options
    RhiannonZRhiannonZ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are in the same boat, that's why my aunt and uncle (they are great cooks) are just catering for our Mason City reception. There are lots of options on the Surf in Clear Lake's Website. The address is:  www.surfballroom.com/hotels.html

Classic Catering is listed on there. Her name is Sheryll Klesel, (641)923-2187. She is great, but a little pricey.

Hope that helps!!!! 

When are you getting married and where is your reception? Mine is 12/26/09 at Music Man Square! I can't wait!

Good luck! 
    Rhiannon :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards