Florida-Central Florida

Manicures

I'm interested in trying out the gel manicures because I ALWAYS end up chipping them within a day of getting them done the normal way, and usually as I'm walking to my car.  I know it's bad.  I want to try it out before I get them done for the wedding in June.  Anyway, I'm trying to find a place in the Orlando/Altamonte Springs area that does them properly.  From what I've read I should avoid places that use filing to get the polish off.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Anniversary

Re: Manicures

• edited December 2011
    You should try OPI Axxium Gel Manicures.  I get them done all the time.  Try the Escape Day Spa in the Seminole Town Center, they do a good job.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • cwiceangelcwiceangel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was at the mall the other day and forgot all about them.  Do you remember about how much it ran you?
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    $30 which isn't too bad considering they last me almost 3 weeks.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i used koi nail spa in sanford and I liked them 
  • cwiceangelcwiceangel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah definitely not bad.  Regular manicures cost about $15... Might as well make it last.
    Anniversary
  • Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Watch out with where you go and ask for "gell manicure" I did that before my wedding and the people obviously used the wrong kind of gel. It was cracking the very next day, so I had them re-do it. Then, the same thing happened again. I was fed up with them and went before my reception to a place in Daytona, I reiterated with the lady that it was the kind that does not crack and she said yet (she pronounced it shel-lac). They lasted a few weeks with no cracking, they were just a pain to try and soak to take off. I def recommend getting them taken off at the salon!

Oh, it was between $25-30 to get them done (the right way!).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards