First off I want to say sorry about the bad grammar and bad spelling.
My mom and I have always had a close relationship up until 3 years ago. My brother on my fathers side past away at a young age. less than a year later i was divorced. These events changed me. I stopped going out of my way to please others mother included. I found that life was too short to, and i have my own problems. My mom thinks that my FI controls me and that is way i have changed. I share a child with my ex. Christmas weekend i had to work. My daughter was with my ex. my mother and her husband decided to invite my ex to Christmas and spent two nights at their house. i told my mom and her husband how this made me feel. they did not care, they told me that i was being selfish and that she can be friends with my ex if she wants. (i'm close with her ex husband who raised me from birth until i was 15.) she compared this with what she was doing. I"m not sure if i want to fix this relationship. Not sure if i want them at my wedding. Not sure what to do. We (my self and FI) feels as if he is not accepted into my moms life why should i accept her into my life. Take me, FI and child, or none of us. All or nothing.
*I guess I need to add a few things
*MY brother is a half brother. Not my mother child.
*Nobody controls me that's why I got out of my first marriage among other major reason.
* I care that he was there because that is my family and my Ex left, y is he so welcome back after what he did to me.
* Growing up in a divorced home I had to spend holidays with grandparent not on the holidays but days weeks or even months later. because that is what my parents wanted
* My mother is mad at me for not doing what she wants, not going to her every beckoned call.
* I'm grateful to have FI so wonderful in my life that is willing to stick up for me and my child, and to have our backs when we need it. Someone to love her as much as I do. To treat her as if she were her own.
* What your missing is that my real father and my stepfather (mothers ex husband) the one who raised me. now see that i'm my self again. I have a smile on my face and in cheery mod. that i'm much happier.Why can't my mother see this.