Ohio-Columbus

Caterer Questions...

One place I am thinking about using only has 2 preferred vendors they are :Catering by Design and It's About Thyme Catering..Has anyone had experience with them? anything you can tell me about quality and pricing? TIA!

Re: Caterer Questions...

• mags218mags218 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you thinking about Dorral Farm? That's where I'm having my reception next fall and those are the preferred caterers. I tried to talk with It's About Thyme but received no response and in fact cannot even find their website anymore so I don't know if they even still exist. I spoke with someone from Catering By Design at a bridal show and they seemed really nice. Someone was supposed to contact me but hasn't yet and my inquiry that was supposed to be responded to within 48 hours also went unanswered. I don't really know what to think or do. I guess I am a little bit disappointed.
  • MynewcutieMynewcutie member
    edited December 2011
    Yes, someone I know had their wedding and reception there and it looks nice. Do you know what the room rental fee is if you don't use their vendors, and if they still provide tables&and chairs?
  • mags218mags218 member
    edited December 2011
    It goes up quite a bit plus you have to clean up and I think there might be insurance or something that you have to pay as well. We looked at having a different caterer but it became unaffordable for us. I don't know if they still provide the chairs and tables or not. The facility is BEAUTIFUL though and exactly what I wanted and they have been fantastic to work with. They told me I could even bring my horses (we were very interested in horse drawn carriage). Originally I wanted to get married at home with my horses but my parent's house couldn't accommodate the 200+ people. Are you from Marysville?
    edited December 2011
    Actually I am in Delaware but only like 15-20mins from Marysville. I need to get out and check Dorral Farm out.
  • mags218mags218 member
    edited December 2011
    You will love it!!!!!! It is soooo beautiful :) They can hook you up with some price sheets too. I just love dealing with the smaller town vendors, not only are the prices better but they are soooo much nicer and more accommodating.
  • mags218mags218 member
    edited December 2011
    I have pics that I took that I could email you if you would like. They have a beautiful stone fireplace in the hall, we are hoping that 9/25 is not too early to have a fire in it :)
  • mags218mags218 member
    edited December 2011
    So...Catering by Design just got back with me. They also seem very accommodating and are willing to meet with me near my work to discuss options. They did apologize for the delay in getting in contact with me. I will let you know how it goes.
    edited December 2011
    Great that would be awesome thank you! Are you having a taste test with them? If you could email the pictures that would be great my email is: Mynewcutie@hotmail.com
  • mags218mags218 member
    edited December 2011
    As of right now, I am just going to talk with them. I will talk to them about scheduling a tasting though. I am particularly interested in the Taco Bar! I will let you know what I find out. If you would like me to pass along your info I can do that as well. I'm meeting with them next Thursday.
  • edited December 2011
    Hello, I am looking into having my reception at Dorral Farms and tried to look up their perfered caterers and I also couldnt find Its About Thyme Catering either. Is there a reason neither of you are using Dorral Farms for the catering of your reception??
  • edited December 2011
    I am also looking at doing my reception at Dorral Farms. I can't find anything on the web for the Its About Thyme Caterer, but Catering by Design has a really good menu! Every place I have looked at just takes random cuts of meat and throws mushrooms on it! ugh! But I'm getting ready to contact Catering by Design and find out more about those stations! I think that would be way better than just a regular buffet. I'm also hoping to get out to Dorral Farms sometime next month and check it out. A couple people I went to school with just got married out there and said it is so beautiful! The only problem the one girl had was that they got the wrong pemit for the acohol so they ended up having to have an open bar instead of a cash bar but other than that everything was perfect!
    *Mrs. Dingledine*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards