Florida-South Florida
Options

Inviting coworkers

I posted this on my Month board but also thought to ask you girls as well!  How are you determining which coworkers to invite? I have a few friends at work who I have hung out with a bunch of times outside of work on a personal basis so I was going to definitely invite them.

Then there are some people at work who I don't hang out with as much but who I do go out to lunch with and go to happy hour with here and there. I don't hang out with them outside of the office regularly and wouldn't really call them up to talk about personal stuff so I'm not sure if I should invite them. Plus, we're having somewhat of a destination wedding (live in NY, getting married in Miami) so I'm not sure if they would even come. Should I invite them?

What's the protocol for deciding who to invite from work?

Re: Inviting coworkers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you have the room I would invite them, if not I'm sure they would understand
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Beth!
  • Options
    RaquelSRaquelS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I kind of agree with Beth. I have been with my job for almost 6 years and we are a very small office and it's been mostly the same coworkers for all that time as well so we are very close to one another. I am inviting all of my coworkers, however, I have a coworker who is getting married the month before me and he is not invitiing everyone. He will be inviting only about half of my coworkers, I guess just the ones he feels closest too, even though he has known all of them roughly about the same amount of time.
    *So Fla Board February Siggy* My babe and I
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the same situation as PP. Small office, all the same co - workers for about the past five years. I'm not inviting all of them, just the ones I'm closest too. I'm also not inviting their spouses, and they totally understood, and are actually pretty excited to have a table with just the co - workers, 'finally' getting to see me get married.

HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went through a similiar debate. I work in a small office, 9 people including me. There's been 2 wedding within the past year at my office (from really large to a much smaller one) and all the co-workers were invited for each of those weddings. So I felt that I had to invite them. Similiar to you my wedding is a bit of a destination wedding, I live in Tallahassee. So it'd be a 500 mile trip for my co-workers to make it to the wedding. That makes me feel a bit more comfortable inviting them all since I'm expecting very few if any will actually be able to make it. In the end go with your gut and make the decision you'll be most comfortable with!
  • Options
    DawnPedersenDawnPedersen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a similiar debate, I let everyone know from the start that I was having a small intimate wedding with 60 or less ppl. I am only inviting 3 ppl from my work that I am very close with outside of work and then the 2 drs I worked with as well. I feel if these ppl have no significance to you or your spouses llves then leave them out. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards