Asian Weddings
Options

Do I have to have the FIST DANCE?????

It might be somewhat strange asking this question but My FI and I really don't want to do our first dance.  we do have a DJ and there is a dance floor and we certainly don't mind dancing with other people to few love songs if we find the time....but I really am not into that whole idea of announcing the first dance and people just looking at TWO of us as we pretend to know how to dance and on our faces, probably show how much we can't wait for the song to end.....All of us at the wedding of 80 people are asian americans and it's somewhat awkward for all of us.  The parents don't want to dance either and I want them to enjoy their time, not worry about a dance at the wedding.  JUST WANT some opinions out there!!!!

Re: Do I have to have the FIST DANCE?????

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure how obvious it would be if you didn't. I love the first dance. haha. so I'm excited.But it's YOUR wedding. Do what YOU and DH/FI want. :)One option might be to do a wedding party dance where everyone in the wedding party dances at the same time (in couples of course). or an anniversary dance (where all married couples start out dancing & gradually get off the dance floor until the longest married couple & the bride/groom are left).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's the beautiful thing about it being your wedding. You can do anything that you want!  I agree with Bently, maybe do a wedding party dance to get people out there and just keep the music going. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This topic is so funny. My FI and I felt the same way about not wanting to do a first dance...we still haven't decided...and we probably won't until we talk to the DJ.  I know there are ways the DJ makes it not so ... nerve racking.

We are just looking for the right DJ.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You two don't have to do anything you really don't want to do. It's your guy's day, after all. :) Maybe there's something you two can do together in lieu of the first dance- sing, say a toast together, some other "first action" as husband and wife to replace the "first dance". 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    By the way..... You most certainly don't need to do a "fist dance" either! *grins* sorry, couldn't resist....Tongue out

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards