Wedding Invitations & Paper

Vegetarian option in reply card

Hi there!

Is it necessary to put a line in the reply card that asks if a guest would like a vegetarian option?  We know we are serving chicken as the main course but don't know what the vegetarian option will be (fish or pasta). 

Would it be okay just to put 'Kindly initial here for a vegetarian entree ___'

OR

Would it still be okay if don't put an entree option on the card?

Thanks

Re: Vegetarian option in reply card

• I think pasta is a better vegetarian option, as some vegetarians don't eat fish.  As for whether to put it on your reply card, I don't think you should unless you are having your guests choose their entree when they RSVP.

Do you have a website?  You can put something on there that people can let you know if they request a vegetarian meal.  Also, do you have an idea of how many guests are vegetarians?  

The caterer can just predetermined number of vegetarian meals, based upon your estimate.  Just make sure to overestimate so you are not short.
    Anniversary
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2010
    Another option, other than entree selection, is to say "Please list any food restrictions ______________" and vegetarians would list their meat-free-ness there.

Your wording sounds nice to me though too.

ETA: Just re-read your OP, and no - fish is not an appropriate vegetarian option.  I would definitely stick with a pasta/ratatouille/stirfry that contains no meat/poultry/fish/seafood.
  • We didn't put a vegetarian meal option on the reply card.  We did have a note on our website that guests should let us know if they have any dietary restrictions.  I think most vegetarians or people with other dietary restrictions are generally pretty proactive about letting you know what they need.  Also, talk to your venue.  Our venue was prepared to supply a few vegetarian, vegan, or gluten free meals even if they hadn't been requested in advance.
  • In your case, I would no list anything about vegetarian option (since you aren't listing other entrees).

I would assume that any vegetarians would be responsible enough to contact you and let you know their dietary concerns.  And I'd perhaps order 2 extra vegetarian entrees to be safe.

• DD listed her 3 entree options:
    ____beef <whatever it was />
    ____chicken francaise
    ____vegetarian entree

"Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards