Chit Chat

Daycare Update.

Edit : This is an update to the post I made a few days/weeks ago about Camden getting bit by a four year old child that shouldn't have been in the same room as her.

The DSS called me today! And I am so glad they did! After following up with my complaint they learned of several other incidents similar to what happened to Camden (not biting, but having to go to the hospital for unexplainable injuries) under the same 2 women.

Both women have been fired and their credentials are being reviewed. The manager stepped down from her position before she could be fired.

Needless to say I'm very happy. All of Camden's bills at the hospital have been paid. I was also reimbursed for two months of daycare by the main office. The president of the company called me personally and apologized for what happened.

I guess there still are good people out there.

Re: Daycare Update.

• Oh wow, that is awesome! It's so good to hear that someone somewhere is doing their job.

How is Camden doing?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That's awesome! I'm so glad you got resolution and didn't have to go through months of litigation to get your point across. Score!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • This is an update from the post you made about the 4 year old biting your child and they weren't even supposed to be in the same room - GOOD FOR YOU!  Glad to hear that it's working out and that those women in charge are being dealt with, and I'm also glad to hear that your child's bills are being taken care of.

Did you find alternative day care?
    panther
  • edited July 2010
    She's doing great! She played it off good at first. I mean, she may have just turned 15 months, but that girl can act. Anytime we scolded her for doing anything wrong she'd cry and pull at her back. She's going to be a little drama queen, no doubt.

Yes we did! I meet my grandma everyday about half way between our houses (we live an hour apart). And she's going to the daycare she works at. I'd much rather drive an hour before work than have to worry about her!
  • May I ask what daycare was it at?
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker

This is great news. Im glad you got it resolved

577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Since the matter has been resolved, I'd rather not mention the name. The guilty parties have been punished. With that being said, I would send Camden back to the daycare if and when they get new management. But, the arangement I have now works perfectly fine. No need to change up a good thing.

• That is awesome news.  I'm glad Camden is ok, and that the new arrangement works out well for you!
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm happy for you and your child, and very happy to hear that the center's upper level management stepped up, just the way they should.  I'm very sorry you had such an unfortunate experience.  I'm glad you put your child's safety ahead of your own convenience - you're one of the good moms! 
  • I am glad that they were held accountable and that the company was willing to reimburse you for the hospital.  That's great!
    1st pic of us together. Apparently I thought something was funny.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~Holly and Jeff~
    image 232 Made the cut! image 96 Ready to party!
    image 44 Have better things to do!
    image 92 Are going to cause me to have a stroke!
  • Just wonderin'!  I am the prekindergarten teacher at Kindecare.  I know there are strict rules against kids in certain rooms for their ages.  It can get ugly.
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks for the update!  I'm so glad everything worked out. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_daycare-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:d7ee3a99-5aab-4c16-bfb9-2710bf69dec1Post:5bd43eee-578e-48d1-941a-c83e21889812">Re: Daycare Update.</a>:
    [QUOTE]TK needs a "like" button.  :)
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

Glad everything worked out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards