Mississippi
Options

Wedding Band Advice!?!?

I am just now starting to look around and research wedding bands for my fiance.  Does anybody have advice about which type of metal to use.  Titanium? Tungsten? Any help would be much appreciated!

Re: Wedding Band Advice!?!?

• Options
    vbs2010vbs2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahh!  I don't know at all.  I haven't heard much about tungsten, but I have heard titanium is good and holds up well. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    RebelBride10RebelBride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My jeweler highly recommended Palladium. It is made from Platinum, cheaper than white gold, and tougher than Tungsten or Titanium. We bought a Benchmark Palladium ring for fairly inexpensive. 

I would definitely look into it!
  • Options
    Mary0897Mary0897 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you I will!!
  • Options
    lrob425lrob425 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is really late, but what we were told on the wedding bands for him is that the tungsten and titanium can be dangerous if he works with his hands alot (construction type jobs). While the white gold will bend, it can be cut off his hand if he does smash his hand, or if it gets caught in some equipment, it can be cut. The stronger metals are much much harder to get off if they do get bent.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mary0897Mary0897 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well we are not neccesarily concerned about it needing to be cut off.  He is a pilot so besides "handyman" work, it's not a daily issue.  His only preference on the band is that it had some kind of design, etching, or anything but plain.  I like a thicker band and  light color silver.  Most of all, I don't want his finger to turn green after wearing it, but wasn't sure about the average cost spent on a band?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know most MS girls like David Yurman, and there is a great ring on there in the Men's collection that is cheaper than I ever imagined and my FI loves...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards