Michigan-Detroit

Bridal Shows - Do you go? Do you stay? Did you win?

My daughter (bride) and I (mother) have been to lots of bridal shows. The last one we went to was the Brides to Be Show and she won the grand prize.  This prize actually had good stuff we are going to use.  She's won other prizes, but they are not really usable.  "Free Lighted Dancefloor"... with the purchase of an $1800 lighting package. Yea right.  Love to hear your stories.

Re: Bridal Shows - Do you go? Do you stay? Did you win?

• edited December 2011
    I have all my vendors, but I went to my first bridal show this past weekend just for the experience. It was okay, but I'm really hating the aftermath. For example, I got a call from one of the vendors at 5:22 this morning.  THAT'S 5:22 A.M.!!!!  Not to mention they've called me 8 times in 2 days. Oh wait...9.  They're calling me now. The only piece of paper I filled out was at the door.  So I guess the word "ugh" pretty much sums it up for me. Undecided
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not a big fan of bridal shows in general.  I've booked all of my vendors based on the recs from this board, not from someone I met at a show.

I "won" a couple things but they turned out to be scams.
  • edited December 2011
    I've "won" things... but they happen to be the same prize 2 million other brides won, or like you said - there's a catch of buying a package or whatnot. I did enjoy the free cake & wine, though. [: 
  • edited December 2011
    The phone calls have FINALLY started going away for me - and the only show I went to was a year ago!  I'm really not a fan.  I did meet my florist through the bridal show though, so I guess it was good for something, but I would recommend not giving your phone number if possible - I "won" the same prizes everyone else probably did.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I won a lighting package at one valued at $1000. However to use it I had to use there DJ and book him for the $1500 package. I thought it was a rip off to have to spend that much on a DJ.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a few and now I'll go every now and then to help my FI (his company makes him work a lot of shows).  We "won" a few trips, actually won some crystal toasting flutes, and just got some discounts.  I think shows are good to help you get a big picture and price ideas of things, but that's about it.  I wouldn't use a vendor from a show just because they gave me a "great" discount though.  All the vendors I have are from recs here (and a few also gave me discounts from shows).
  • lisa89760lisa89760 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never been to one but I had signed up for one a while ago and I'm constantly getting calls about "winning" stuff.  It's obnoxious!!
    August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a few of them, and "won" several trips for 3 days/2 nights....  Pretty much a waste of time. These boards are more valuable for information and recommendations. I did, however, get a fun t-shirt from one booth!
  • courtney1188courtney1188 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really won crystal toasting flutes. I sorta won a gift certificate for a wedding planner - it was only for $100 and I would of had to of chosen at least a $500 package to use it. I also won a free dove release but declined.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards